Treestands yours or mine!!!

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

playall8

Reaction score
Day 2 of the Va archery season and its aready got me mad. We hunt on 80 acres of land owned by some kin folk. Its a great place to hunt, plenty of deer and everyone wants to hunt on it. so badly they have treestands every 200 yards in the fence rows. I have learned to deal with that issue even though it took me a few years to adapt and realize I cant do anything anyway. But this morning was a diffrent Issue!!!! While I was at work my wife sends me a text letting me know someone was in her stand when she got to it this morning. Come to find out the land owner let them in.. Its his land but they are my stands. My Question is am I in the wrong for showing my tail or does haveing the right to hunt also give you the right to use a stand you wonder upon.

Theres nothing more annoying than a guy sitting in your stand. My property or not, I'd be letting him know exactly how I feel, and exactly how lazy he is for not hanging his own set.

Obviously no one including the land owner asked you if someone could hunt out of your stands. Not so sure if you should show your tail but might want to talk to the land owner and possibly the fellow that was in your stand and let them know you had rather this guy not hunt from your stand. Try to be nice, I know this can be hard, been there and had to deal with this stuff before. Most folks will respond more favorably if you approach it this way. But some folks are gonna be a smarty no matter what. If you jump down their throats, you might come back to hunt your stand and it be gone or worse they might do something to make the stand unsafe and it might not be noticeable, especially if it is dark. You just never know what people will do. Hope this turns out well for you.

not that i do this but in maine if the stand is empty you leagaly can use it . ps if your hunting someones land other then your own and he let those people use your stand even if it isnt right and you put up a stink you may not be hunting there anymore something to think about if iam not useing my stand some one elese is welcome to

hopefully the new - commers just thaught those stands were the land owners and not being careless idiots

I'd leave a note on the stand for them and future visitors. I'd also tell the fella that was your wifes stand and didnt want the liability of anybody else using it as nice'ly as possible

other than that not much you can do but find a new place

The land owner made it clear for the guy to stay out of stands and he was told him someone else would be there the same day... He no longer hunts there.

Latest posts