Tubby Tubby Weight loss challenge 2011

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
dixie_boysles said:
Im in. Might wanna make an OFFICIAL thread it. like post weight and excersizes here along with start weight.

I am doing several things. I am going to use runkeeper app https://www.runkeeper.com to keep track of my running on my android phone. then i am going to do the Insanity workouts from Beachbody with some p90x threw in there and also hit the gym when i get a chance

while at the gym I will also be using Jefit app on my android to keep track of my gym excersizes

IN.... (again)...I am 5' 6" and am at 248.5 lbs :oops: (I wish I was where some of you are starting from....My goal is 200 then finish up at 180

I was part of the "Tinboats Biggest Loser" thread last year when I used to be "Monarkman" (sold the Monark).... Some of us can refer back to that thread to "remember" our progress back then....the whole thread seemed to just kinda fizzle out....

My plan is way less portions (my lady is a good cook and most nights are like Thanksgiving), and more activity for starters and then work into an actual excercise routine (mainly situps and walking). I also plan to see a doctor to approve cordinate my program. Except for the weight I am very healthy and have not been to a doctor in many years.

Ok...here goes...I will update this list almost daily....
12/31/10 @ 248.5
1/3/11 @ 248

In.

As I'm reading this, I'm eating a Blizzard from DQ.

I'll post my weight on Monday, as we're starting biggest looser at work, and weighing in then and every two weeks after that until March.

Jan 3. 219.6 lbs
Jan 17. 211.8 lbs
Jan 31. 205.0 lbs

Matt

BYOB Fishing said:
In.

As I'm reading this, I'm eating a Blizzard from DQ.

I'll post my weight on Monday, as we're starting biggest looser at work, and weighing in then and every two weeks after that until March.

Matt

****....now I need ice cream! #-o

I'm in. Too young to let this get out of hand. I'm 25, 5'10" and when I weight myself two days ago I was 232, the most I have ever weighed. I would be happy getting back down to 200 since I have never been in the best shape even while playing sports in high school, I'd say that is attainable. If I can cut out fast food I will definitely lose something.

I'm in!

01/01: 257
01/15: 257 Did nothing. #-o
02/01: 258 still nothing
02/14: 259 nothing ~ going the wrong way :evil:

As I mentioned above, I joined Weightwatchers four weeks ago. I've lost a bit over 16 lbs ( they tell me that is too fast).

A couple of things that have helped...WW charges you NO points for fruits and vegetables. So, when I drive somewhere ( usually towing my boat) I have a bag of apples, bananas and oranges along. I snack on those while driving.

In the past, I could NOT pass up a certain McDonald's for a double burger on the way back from the lake. Now, I only stop to use the washroom and grab a big diet coke. I am sure that eating the fruit has helped.

Oh, they do say " don't go ape over bananas" Some people, when they found out that bananas had "no points" were eating ten a day. Even bananas can hurt if you over-do it.

Last week I only lost one pound. Not good, but there were three Christmas dinners during the week. rich

richg99 said:
As I mentioned above, I joined Weightwatchers four weeks ago. I've lost a bit over 16 lbs ( they tell me that is too fast).

A couple of things that have helped...WW charges you NO points for fruits and vegetables. So, when I drive somewhere ( usually towing my boat) I have a bag of apples, bananas and oranges along. I snack on those while driving.

In the past, I could NOT pass up a certain McDonald's for a double burger on the way back from the lake. Now, I only stop to use the washroom and grab a big diet coke. I am sure that eating the fruit has helped.

Oh, they do say " don't go ape over bananas" Some people, when they found out that bananas had "no points" were eating ten a day. Even bananas can hurt if you over-do it.

Last week I only lost one pound. Not good, but there were three Christmas dinners during the week. rich

Good job man!

The initial weight loss is awesome. But it slows down, trust me on this. The 1-2 pounds per week is/should be your goal anyway.

Keep at it man! :beer: <-- Spring water

Jim said:
! :beer: <-- Spring water

:LOL2: ... you just made my morning coffee almost spill...

I really need to get with the program, as I'm only 28, 5' 10" and weigh in at 226. only a year ago when I was still climbing towers on a daily basis, I only weighed in at 175.

Its the dicipline of it all that I lack...mmmm pizza :mrgreen:

I also need to drop a few pounds. my problem is the shift work and emergency response work that i do.
I cant always eat at the proper times and then it is eat on the run.
I try to eat a salad every day for lunch then what ever for dinner.
at work I have days that i only get 1 or 2 calls so i spend the rest of the time sitting in my truck.
I a dream world i would drop 50 to 75 lbs but would be very happy dropping 30
I did go from 335 to 300 this past year
1/1/11 306.8
1/9/11 302.6

Ok, today starts the day as it does for many of you. I have entered my weight in my thread and will do so every Friday till I reach my goal or quit(I will not quit).

Good luck and stick with it! Be strong you can do it. For those that have started already...keep it up! In 6 short months we will all be Buff bodybuilding beach goers with 6 pack abs and 4% bodyfat. :LOL2:

Stepped on the scale this morning to get a baseline weight, and to my disappointment I've gained 2 pounds from a week ago when I weighted :(

I suspect most of that 2 pounds is from the last little bit of bad eating habits, but hopefully some is due to turning fat into muscle. Have been walking 2 miles every evening for the past month and this past week it has progressed into half walking half jogging. Have also unearthed my trusty 15 year old BowFlex and started working on my upper body as well... looking at man boobs in the mirror every morning is not a pretty sight :roll:

On a bright note, outside of work I generally don't wear a belt and this past week I've noticed that I keep having to pull my pants up all the time... obviously something is working!

So, my official 2011 starting weight is 183 and it's all down from here I hope.

I tried to edit my original "IN" post on tis thread, it worked but did not move from it's origianl place in the list of postings...so to remain current and keep others updated as to my progress, copied and pasted from my original "In" post...

12/31/10 @ 248.5
1/3/11 @ 248

Outdoorsman

Outdoorsman said:
I tried to edit my original "IN" post on tis thread, it worked but did not move from it's origianl place in the list of postings...so to remain current and keep others updated as to my progress, copied and pasted from my original "In" post...

12/31/10 @ 248.5
1/3/11 @ 248

Outdoorsman

That's not even a healthy CR@P for me. But it's in the right direction. :lol: