Tubby Tubby Weight loss challenge 2011

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
IN - I started a few weeks back to get a jump on the new years weight.

Facts:6'1" mid/late 30's - sit at a desk all day long, go home and sit in front of the TV. Play volleyball 2x a week -once hard and once rec level (Edit: now that is once a week rec level)

Goal: To be 200 (or less) by February 26th - first vball tourney of the year

Diet Plan: As little exercise as possible. The www says I need to hold to 1500 calories a day to loose the wieght. I've been eating salads, smaller portions, not going for seconds, and CUT OUT SODA'S!
Breakfast is oatmeal. Snacks are grapes/strawberries/pickles - as many as I want anytime I want. Lunch or dinner is a splurge, up to 8/900 calories - even McDonalds is game. Easily come in under the limit without a soda. The other main meal of the day is a turkey sandwich (Subway style - no mayo - no cheese). Can eat till you are stuffed each day and come in at 1300/1600 calories.

Started December 1st at 227.5 floppy pounds.

Current weight on Jan 3, 2011 is.... 216 -11.5 pounds in 5 weeks isn't bad - and some people have noticed a change in the face (first place you lose fat).
- To be update weekly

Will

1/3/2011... 239.8 lbs.

1/9/2011... 232.4 lbs. (-7.4 lbs)

1/23/2011...242.1 (+9.7 lbs) (THIS WAS WEIGHT GAINED CAUSED BY QUITTING DIP)

1/5/2010... 233.7 lbs

Down a little over 6 lbs in two days doing p90x and eating healthy (5 small meals a day, with no food 2 hours before bedtime).

ate some awesome ocean perch last night...

sample meal plan to let you know what i'm eating. maybe it will help someone out:

breakfast:
-egg white omelet with cayenne pepper (boosts metabolism), fresh mushrooms, and no-fat cheddar cheese.
-two pieces of turkey bacon
-half cup no-fat cottage cheese with 3 fresh cut strawberries
-water to drink

mid morning snack:
protein bar
gatorade G2 (low-calorie) 12oz mini-bottle

lunch:
-salad with boneless-skinless grilled chicken, pine nuts, tomatoes, onion, romaine lettuce, raisins, cucumber, extra virgin olive oil and balsamic vinegar
-bottle of water

mid-afternoon snack:
-handful of raw almonds
-low-fat skim, low moisture string cheese stick
-3 pieces of turkey jerky

dinner:
-small portion of wild and brown rice
-green beans
-baked ocean perch (4 oz fillet)
-water
-glass of red wine.

late night snack option:
whey protein shake with skim milk and berries

the only supplements i am taking is gatorade prime (01) 15 minutes before my workout (gives you energy from the B-vitamins). I also take vitamin c, a multi-vitamin, and omega-3 fish oil.

hope this helps someone.

In. I had done pretty good a year ago but have been backsliding and have crept up to 275 from 245 a year ago.
One of my christmas presents was to be enroled in boot camp at the gym we are members at.
Been trying to kick off the bad habits that have been attributing to my weight gain.

I'm doing good so far this week, but have to travel up to Indy for a couple days. Hope eating out for 3 days doesn't cause me to backslide. I'm taking the workout clothes so with any luck I can burn off any extra.

Facts:6'1" 36 years old- sit at a desk all day long.

12/01 - 227.5
12/29 - 217.0
01/05 - 214.6

You are all making me feel bad. After losing 15.8 lbs in the first four weeks ( from 270)..I back-slipped this week and am back up to 255. That is --UP-- .8 of a pound. Must have been all of that wine on New Year's eve. Bah humbug rich

richg99 said:
You are all making me feel bad. After losing 15.8 lbs in the first four weeks ( from 270)..I back-slipped this week and am back up to 255. That is --UP-- .8 of a pound. Must have been all of that wine on New Year's eve. Bah humbug rich

Don't feel bad... Just stick with it. Persistance pays off.

I updated my first post with the weight. I lost 7.8 pounds the first week going from 246.8 to 239 even. That happens the first week when you start any serious diet. Going forward I will be in the 1-3 pound weight loss category.....hopefully.

Good start though in my opinion.

Time to check in fellas! If you fell off the horse, get back on!

Down 2.5 lbs to 212.5. Not much, but in the right direction!

I take 1 meal a week off. Have to just to keep some sanity!

Great job Jim, devilmutt, and Fender!!! Hey that's how to start things off! Keep up the good work.

I'm weighing in on Sunday since that was the day I first weighed in after the new year... keep you posted.

S&MFISH said:
Updated orignal post,myself.Looks like I am in at 191,down 4lb. I weighed myself Thurs.as a progress thing,and was down to 189.But came back up a little.I've cut down on the amount that I eat per meal.

Good job man! Your heading in the right direction!

Don't weigh yourself too much. Water fluctuation day to day will drive you absolutely nuts, trust me I know.

Someone told me this tip and I tried and it and do it now..............

Start the day off with a full glass of water. 16 ounces is ideal.

Then Have a full glass before you eat.