V hull flooring supports

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tomme boy

Reaction score
I picked up a 1984 Grumman 16' Fisherman an trailer this weekend for $50. It is in not too bad of shape. I got all the junk out of the bottom of it and noticed a few ribs have already been welded before. They have cracked next to the welds. And a few new ones. I am going to weld these up.

Now this is what I call a school bus boat. The ones with a bunch of seats. I removed the second seat from the back so open up the floor a little bit. And now for the question. What does everyone that has done this used to support a floor to be put in? I think I am going to use 1/2" marine ply and still seal it up. The rest of the front is going to be covered up and a front seat pole for fishing is to be put in.

I already have a trolling motor to put on the front. I hope it is long enough. The battery is going to be mounted up front. I am also going to put a livewell in the center side of the hull. I already have that. It is actually a bolt in seat with a lid. Will just need to plumb it.

The owner said he wanted to get rid of it as it leaks really bad. I filled it up with water and found the leak. In the corner where at one time he had a transducer, there was a hole that was open completely where there was some foam sprayed in. Ran a boltand nut with some silicone in it and now it don't leak at all. I let it set for the whole day yesterday with about 12" water in it and I did not see anything leaking at all. No wet spots, nothing.

So if anyone has any pics of the flor supports they have seen or used, please post up some pics so I can get an idea on how I can figure out what others have done.