Vexus AVX 1880

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jim

TinBoats Supporter
Reaction score
I checked out the new Vexus AVX 1880 last month at the local fishing show and gave it some thoughts on the homepage. If you are one of our big aluminum bass boat tin members and boats like this are on your radar, check it the article on the homepage.

https://www.tinboats.net/vexus-avx-1880/

A guy on my local CT forum just picked one up - nice looking rig - No wood used anywhere, longitudinal ribs, storage in all the places you want storage.

I'd never heard of the company before. I see them sold through dealers selling ranger boats, does anyone know if there's an affiliation there?

Vexus was started by Keith Daffron, who ironically is the eldest granson of Forrest L. Wood. I do not know if the two companies are related, but the founder sure are. They are not very far apart in Flippin, Arkansas either. Can't be far apart since Flippin is such a tiny little town.

Vexus is the child company of Advanced Marine Performance, LLC as I recall.

As good of a boat that Ranger builds, and what they're really designed for (bass fishing), it's quite ironic that Flippin isn't known for bass fishing, rather trout fishing. Some of the guys that used to work at Ranger split off and started building river/drift boats which is more along the lines of what Flippin's known for. I think they're Supreme branded boats as I recall. I may be wrong on the brand--there are quite a number of builders in Arkansas and it's hard to keep up with them.