• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate toTinBoats.net and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

WANTED DEAD OR ALIVE IN TEXAS

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

satx78247

Reaction score
Folks,
i'm brand new here on "tinboats.net" and am SEEKING a 14 or 15 foot aluminum "decked" RUNABOUT/"SKI-BOAT" (rather than a jonboat or "open fisherman") of the 1950s or 1960s to RESTORE to match my restored 1960 SEA KING 35HP "Delux Electric" OB.
(I need a light aluminum boat, as I'm planning to pull it with my "new to me" 1986 DIESEL W126 Mercedes saloon, which has only 148 HP. - The manual from M-B says NOT to exceed a gross weight of boat/motor/trailer/"stuff" of 1,000 pounds.)

Fwiw, My aunt sold my 1959 TexasMaid Falcon on an aluminum trailer, while I was OCONUS, with the Army.
(She said that I didn't NEED a boat, so she sold it to the first person who asked her about it!)
Luckily, the OB was stored in a locked storage room, that she didn't know about.
(The Falcon would have been a PERFECT rig to tow with the M-B.)

THANKS for reading this post.
yours, satx
USA, Retired
San Antonio, TX

Hey, Satx, welcome...we're glad to have you on board. You might also try posting this on the Wanted forum toward the bottom of the forum listings. Be sure to keep us posted on your progress. Rick

rickybobbybend,

As of 8PM Wednesday 30APR14, I'm the PROUD (and LUCKY) OWNER of a 1956 CADILLAC DOLPHIN UTILITY on a 1956 trailer. - Now I have to try to find the former owner, so that I can get the title from the TX P&WD.
(Only took me a YEAR to find a 1950s tin ski-boat that's NOT beat up & complete with everything except the original windshield.)

NOTE to ALL: That YEAR of looking is WHY it makes all of us antique "tin boat nuts" CRAZY, when someone cuts up a several DECADES old "tin runabout".
Also, I'm now looking for a 1956 Evinrude/Johnson/Gale/SeaKing 30HP "long-foot" OB to match the Dolphin.

yours, satx

Sincere congratulations, Satx. I know you have to feel great...heck I feel good just hearing about your success. Now...got pics?

Rick

rickybobbybend,

NOPE, NO photos yet. - For one thing, I don't own a camera BUT when I actually have the little rig at home (I haven't moved it yet, as I have to go buy tires & try to get the trailer registered/licensed.) and the trash swamped out of it, I'll ask my daughter to make/post some photos to the forums that I frequent.

Btw, one of my friends in Houston has offered me a 1956 long-foot Evinrude Lark 30 to power it in return for some labor helping in the cleaning/moving his HUGE collection of OB/boating stuff.

"Color me" PLEASED by my "out in the sticks" find. = Pardon me for bragging but this a NICE & hard to find little tin runabout.

yours, satx