water/fuel separator

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
you can simply use electric tape to cover the loose wires if you start the tape sticky side facing away from the wire then twist it so sticky side is down you wont gunk up the wire

Ok i have a small issue before i go out tom.I put those cheap clamps on the hoses and i'm afraid it will tear a hole in time for the gas to leak.When i tightened the clamps you can see the clamp imbedded into the hose and i don't like the looks of it.I just went out to my local auto part store to get clamps that won't imbed into the hose and now i want to switch the clamps out.How do i depressurize the system so i can cut a small piece of hose and reclamp new clamps on that i know won't fray the hose.I already detached it from the gas tank so what do i do now so gas won't go all over or spray out?

[url=https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=345516#p345516 said:
scoobeb » Today, 20:14[/url]"]Ok i have a small issue before i go out tom.I put those cheap clamps on the hoses and i'm afraid it will tear a hole in time for the gas to leak.When i tightened the clamps you can see the clamp imbedded into the hose and i don't like the looks of it.I just went out to my local auto part store to get clamps that won't imbed into the hose and now i want to switch the clamps out.How do i depressurize the system so i can cut a small piece of hose and reclamp new clamps on that i know won't fray the hose.I already detached it from the gas tank so what do i do now so gas won't go all over or spray out?
Within a few hours the unit should de-pressurize on it's own, make sure the vent is open on your fuel tank.

OMC uses wire ties for fuel system clamps. They are special for the purpose. I use them everywhere on fuel systems. Small (0317893 TIE STRAP) large (0320107 TIE STRAP). The small one is for primer tubing, real small. The large is for most other fuel hoses, most anywhere

The wires are easy to protect with the OMC device (0512682 COVER, Battery terminal). Just need one for the positive cable.

The small 'tractor battery' may help with limited space. The U1 size battery weighs 20lbs instead of 50lbs for a full size. Atwood battery box 9082-1 works. Google 'U1 battery box' for lots of choices. These batteries crank over 15-50 hp two cylinder 2stroke engines, run lights, and power-trims with no problem. Use a starting battery not a deep cycle. Buy the highest Cranking-Amps that you can get.

Attachments

• tinboat 006.jpg
    tinboat 006.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 284
  • tinboat 005.jpg
    tinboat 005.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 284
  • tinboat 004.jpg
    tinboat 004.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 284
  • tinboat 010.jpg
    tinboat 010.jpg
    799.8 KB · Views: 284
  • tinboat 009.jpg
    tinboat 009.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 284
Just a curious question?Will a inline disposable filter work just as good on a small engine like what i have,also is anyone using the inline disposable filters and having good results with them?

Latest posts