What branch of the Military did you serve in?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What branch of the Military did you serve in?

• Army

Votes: 13 36.1%
  • Navy

Votes: 9 25.0%
  • Air Force

Votes: 5 13.9%
  • Marine Corps

Votes: 6 16.7%
  • Coast Guard

Votes: 3 8.3%

• Total voters
Popeye said:
And you prolly remember your Company Commanders pretty well too.

yep, BM1 Smith (only one CC per company at that time). While we were at church on Sunday morning, he'd trash the berthing compt (bunks and lockers), and we'd spend the rest of the day re-folding all of our uniforms (with our drill rifles laying next to us in case we talked, then we'd drill some), after that we'd swab and wax the deck and clean the head. Some things you just don't forget, lol.

Waterwings said:
:shock: 5 bird farms! You ever get any shore duty mixed in there?

Had a few, SIMA SanFrancisco/ NAS Alameda Security, two tours at NAWC test site in Lakehurst, NJ and Chambers Field running shore based arresting gear QA in Norfolk. Went to Chambers Field after they kicked me off the Enterprise for my Knees. Kinda hard to work the flight deck wearing braces on both knees.

USMC
Mardet CV-60 Sara 84-85
2ND LAV 85-87 as a gunner/FO for 81 mm mortors
1983-1987
MOS 0341

U.S Army Airborne!

1990-1997 3/73rd Armor (Airborne) Fort Bragg, NC
1997-2001 HHC 2/34 Armor Fort Riley, Ks

May 2001 Medically Retired (wanted to do 30 but after 2 knees surgeries and a shoudler surgery, they said otherwise)

US Army, Sgt. E-5, Jan 69 - Jan 70
Ft. Campbell KY.
Ft. Polk LA.
Tay Ninh, Viet Nam June 69 - June 70
Ft. Lewis Washington
MOS 11C40

Navy - 1966-1972. Tin Can (destroyers) Sailor all the way. Two Med. cruises, Shakedown in Guantanamo, Nam & North Atlantic. Got out as a 1st class Bos'un.

Joined Canadian airforce in 1965, served 15 yrs in the ranks as a machinist, was comissioned as an officer in 1980, served 16 more yrs and retired from Goose Bay ,Labrador as the base armament officer at age 50. Have now been retired 14 yrs and luvin it!! :mrgreen:

casey10 said:
Joined Canadian airforce in 1965, served 15 yrs in the ranks as a machinist, was comissioned as an officer in 1980, served 16 more yrs and retired from Goose Bay ,Labrador as the base armament officer at age 50. Have now been retired 14 yrs and luvin it!! :mrgreen:

That's quite a career, Casey! How long does one have to serve in the Canadian armed forces to receive a pension of sometype? It's 20 yrs here in the U.S.

U. S. Marine Corps Reserves
1993-present
Gunnery Sergeant, E-7
8999 - Company Gunnery Sergeant, Headquarters Company, H&S Battalion, 4th MLG, Marietta Ga
Semper Fidelis!!!!! to my fellow leathernecks
and a big THANKS to my brothers (and sisters) in arms.

USCG 1980-2006, E1-E7 then warrant retired as a W4. East and west coasts, Caribbean and Gulf coast.

US Navy, Supply Corp,active and reserve for 22 years, Tin can (USS Sampson DDG 10), USS Yellowstone (AD41), SUBGRU 6, to many short duty. A member of the Persian Gulf Yacht Club. 2 of my sons are active duty Marines. One has 9 years and 3 combat tours and my baby has 5 years and 2 combat tours.

Frank