What did everyone do for their sweeties on Valentine's Day?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
since my wife's birthday is the 12th of Feb. and since this was a milestone birthday (70 years young) I gave her a "promisarry note in her birthday card only it was torn in to so you couldn't really figure out what it was for... Then on in her Valantines day card I gave her the other half of the note.... It is for a hot air balloon ride this summer... she has always wanted to do that so we'lll see if it works out like I hope it does. it was a lot of fun with all those at the party guessing what it was for.
peace

Jim, my wife (and I) would have LOVED something like that.
1) because she is on a modified Atkins diet so eats plenty of meat, and
2) because I am a big meat eater myself

Jim said:
This is what I got! :wink: :LOL2:

013f5f82-1baa-4447-b868-e60f2191cfca.jpg

I did a s**t load of laundry for her since she has been busy with her moms medical situation, girl scouts, girl scout cookies, soccer contacts, speech appointments for my youngest (which I do not see a need for), and so much more. She appreciates housework instead of physical gifts.

She gave me some money from my own tax refund ( :lol: I know, but she handles the bills so it was appreciated she thought of it) so I can finally register my tin boat, some resees peanut butter cups (I am still working on the ones I got from Christmas) and a pack of cigars.

I and mine have mutually agreed not to fall victim to the greeting card holidays anymore. That being said, I sent her a dozen roses two weeks ago while she was having a particularly rocky ride in grad school (it's her thesis semester). It's there, we just do it in our own time and on our own terms...

I got Margaret a pair of WaveSpin DH3000 spinning reels,That's only half of it though,the rest(a pair of rods to go with them) will come at the BPS Spring Classic. She got me a steel workbench.How about that for Vday gifts?

S&MFISH said:
I got Margaret a pair of WaveSpin DH3000 spinning reels,That's only half of it though,the rest(a pair of rods to go with them) will come at the BPS Spring Classic. She got me a steel workbench.How about that for Vday gifts?

Is the classic sale paper out for your area yet? It hasn't been released online here in MI. I'm really hoping for 20 bucks off carbonlites [-o< [-o< [-o<

As for valentines day, flowers and a couple huge bars of hersheys cookies n cream. Then went out for steak-n-shake shakes. She loves that crap :roll:

I got a rapala kit with a scale, pliers, and line clipper. Not bad overall.

Packer gear for the wife AND the kids. They all seemed to like it. Same price as flowers up here and should last a bit longer.

We got a 12 pack of beer and went fishing. Beautiful 70 degree February day and we were having a great time. Then she took that one swallow of beer that put her past the point of being nice to a total *****. It's like a light switch and I don't understand how it happens. Things got kinda violent (no punches) where I had to settle her down so I decided to head in. She wouldn't shut up on the way back then grabbed two combos worth about $600 and had them hanging over the boat threatening to drop them. If she would of dropped them they would have been gone for good. I got that under control and finally made it back to the ramp. She gets out of the boat and walks away. I loaded the boat up and looked around for her and she was gone. I was driving home and saw her making her way across the bridge. I drove by honked and kept going. It's about 3 miles from the river to my house so I felt kinda bad and went back for her in my other vehicle. She wouldn't get in so I turned around and drove off.
The next day she didn't say much and I could tell she was embarrassed of her behavior.

I've known her for about 10 years and this relationship really isn't that serious but its convenient. I couldn't care less if she found someone else and left me for good. It would actually be a blessing. I'm going to leave her one day and I tell her but she keeps coming around.
Welcome to my miserable world. :)

....."I'm going to leave her one day and I tell her but she keeps coming around."

Stop telling her, lock the **** door and get a big dog. :wink: Welcome to my world !!! :twisted:

bcbouy said:
my lovely wife made me a full blown turkey dinner with all the trimmings and an unmentionable :oops: dessert after because it was my birthday. :D
Desert was that bad, eh ??? :wink:

Latest posts