What do you guys pay annually for the launch?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Codeman,What state park ramps are are $0? At Lake of the Ozarks State Park you are charged by size; $5-$30, in and out.

Here in Jefferson County,It's $3 per day or $40 per year for passes to the three main parks on the Big River(2 of them have ramps).The MO.Dept. of Conservation ramps on the Big,Meramec,and Gasconade are $0.

So in answer to the ?,I'd say here in MO they range from $0-$30.From what I've seen.

The two electric-only waters I fish around here are free. For awhile, the local reservoir (Lake Pee Wee) had a one-time fee of $2.49 which got you two stickers to put on your boat (1 per side). They were bright yellow stickers about 3" in diameter, and you had to have them to be on the water. Last year that ended, but I'm leaving the stickers on my boat, because I have a feeling the fee may return. I'm still trying to figure out how they came up with the weird price of $2.49.

Free here.
Just wondering....where-who do you pay for the day rates?
Is there a guy sitting in a shack all day waiting for someone to come by,toll booth afair,honor system(ya right)??
I unstand the yearly sticker fee just the day pass thing.

I feel your pain dyeguy I've already bought a MI state park sticker, just got home from Ludington where the ramps are run by the city they raised the rates to an ungodly $60 annually for non city residents, and I will be over in Au Gres MI where the ramp is DNR run in two weeks. I will have $108 in stickers stuck to my windshield, I really hope it doesn't get cracked or broken.

S&MFISH said:
Codeman,What state park ramps are are $0? At Lake of the Ozarks State Park you are charged by size; $5-$30, in and out.

Here in Jefferson County,It's $3 per day or $40 per year for passes to the three main parks on the Big River(2 of them have ramps).The MO.Dept. of Conservation ramps on the Big,Meramec,and Gasconade are $0.

So in answer to the ?,I'd say here in MO they range from $0-$30.From what I've seen.

Wow no kidding. I haven't one down in this part of the state that you have to pay at. excuse my ignorance. LOL I don't get out much. :mrgreen:

Where I live in wisconsin, most ramps are free. There are some areas I've been to that charge $4. You put your $4 in an envelope at the site and keep the stub. If you get stopped on the water you show them the stub. They also record the number on the stub in case you "forgot" to leave the money.

The majority of lakes in PA are free. It its owned by Fish and boat, DNR, or army corps they are free. There is one lake (wallenpaupack) that HAS a ramp you pay to launch, but there is free Fish and boat access further up the lake.
Just as long as a boat is registered or has a permit it's good to go =D>

Zum said:
Free here.
Is there a guy sitting in a shack all day waiting for someone to come by,toll booth afair,honor system(ya right)??

There are a couple of metal boxes at each ramp (speaking mostly Corps of Engineers ramps here). One side has a bunch of envelopes, that you take out, tear off the tag for hanging on your rearview mirror, stick 3 bucks in the envelope, and put the envelope in the other side of the box. They do patrol on a very regular bases, writing tickets if you fail to have the hanging tag. Each tag and envelope has a matching serial number.

At a few of the large ramps, there will be a gate keeper, and you pay as you enter at that point. However, that is only on busy/holiday weekends. Any other time, you use the fee box.

If you buy the annual pass, it is a plastic thing that hangs on your mirror.

Most of the COE ramps are real nice ramps, and are kept clean and in good repair, so for me, 30 bucks a year isn't the end of the world, especially since most of the large lakes around here are COE lakes, and the pass works at any and all of the COE ramps.

We do have a few more free ramps that I failed to mention.

They are pretty much all free here in Minnesota... You might find the occasional private access that charges a fee, but other than that, it's a free for all.

bassboy1 said:
Zum said:
Free here.

There are a couple of metal boxes at each ramp (speaking mostly Corps of Engineers ramps here). One side has a bunch of envelopes, that you take out, tear off the tag for hanging on your rearview mirror, stick 3 bucks in the envelope, and put the envelope in the other side of the box. They do patrol on a very regular bases, writing tickets if you fail to have the hanging tag. Each tag and envelope has a matching serial number.

If you buy the annual pass, it is a plastic thing that hangs on your mirror.

Pretty sure that is the case with Corps Lakes nationwide now.