What is a good family taxi?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
lswoody said:
Is your F-150 a regular cab????? I have 2001 GMC extended cab Z71 and have plenty of room. Would think if you have an extended cab F-150 that you would have plenty of room also. If you want a vehicle with good mpg, low cost ins. low cost maint. with very few mechanical issue and repairs are cheap when what few happen, get you a Ford Taurus. We have had 2 in the last 12 yrs. and have had nothing but a great expereince with both of them. It is not a full size car but being mid size it is fun an easy to drive almost anywhere with plenty of power.

It is extended cab but seeing as how we are having twins there is no way we can fit 2 car seats in it. Its not a matter of not trying, they just don't fit.

Pruitt I have an 05 CRD I bought last nov. and love it. I get 22 mpg pulling my lund. I have been looking at Excursions to make the whole fleet diesel but it might be more then the wife wants to drive.

Crankworm said:
lswoody said:
Is your F-150 a regular cab????? I have 2001 GMC extended cab Z71 and have plenty of room. Would think if you have an extended cab F-150 that you would have plenty of room also. If you want a vehicle with good mpg, low cost ins. low cost maint. with very few mechanical issue and repairs are cheap when what few happen, get you a Ford Taurus. We have had 2 in the last 12 yrs. and have had nothing but a great expereince with both of them. It is not a full size car but being mid size it is fun an easy to drive almost anywhere with plenty of power.

It is extended cab but seeing as how we are having twins there is no way we can fit 2 car seats in it. Its not a matter of not trying, they just don't fit.

Pruitt I have an 05 CRD I bought last nov. and love it. I get 22 mpg pulling my lund. I have been looking at Excursions to make the whole fleet diesel but it might be more then the wife wants to drive.

Yeah , that's right, It has been a while since my kids have been newborns. I forgot that the first car seats are big.

I love my S10-Blazer, unfortunately they stopped making them, and they stopped making the TrailBlazer with a V8. Tahoe is a great option and it will tow your boat.

I like hte SUV's, 4x4, plenty of room for 5, plus a dog, and cargo room. Just like a fullsize except the bed is permantely covered and protected from the elements, plus climate controlled.

As for Vans, Ive had a fullsize and Astro (midsized). You could fit a 4x8 sheet of plywood in the Astro Van, it was a great vehicle. 3 bench seats, plus cargo room behind the rear bench. They came with buckets and 1 bench too. Plus the 4.3L V6. As for the fullsize, it was a conversion van. It had 4 captains chairs, and a rear bench that folded flat into a bed. That van was great. The dog could lay on the floor, the kids had a seat, plus room for firends, DVR or gmae station, plus room behind the rear bench to hual everything. Plus it could haul your boat no trouble.

Im not a big fan of mini-vans or cross overs. There just taller, without any real extra space.

I too have the wife, 2 kids (with friends) and a dog. In fact tommorrow were going to my brothers. 4 hour trip. Wife an I, 2 kids, 4 dogs, all in the wifes Jeep Liberty. Id rather take my Blazer, it has more room.

I bought the wife an 02 Explorer limited last V day, 120k for $6k with the 4.6l. It has the third row seats and runs great, AWD is decent and it has no trouble pulling my 17.5' fiberglass IO boat around. The bad is it gets around 11mpg around town but it's only driven around 6k miles a year so miles and mileage aren't an issue.

Jamie

Latest posts