What size gas tank do you use?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1448 with a 2012 20hp 4s, I have a 6 gallon tank, I will use about 1/2 or maybe a little more of it if I am out running around all day. kind of depends on how much fishing and how much running around I do but it would be hard for me to use up the whole tank in a day. Possible though.

1436 w/ 25hp 2-stroke & I have a 6 gal tank but I think the most i've ever used in 1 day was ~2 gal even running up & down the river, so I'm thinking of switching that out for a 3 gal to save on weight.

I have a 16 foot crestliner side console with a 50 hp mercury 2 stroke, I have a 12 gallon Atwood amidships off to the port side, this helps with weight distribution. The most I've ever used is 6 gallons on a full day out on the flats.

Rich as to the additional tank I used a 2 gallon urea jug that I brought home from the dealership I work at. Urea is the exhaust fluid for modern diesels. We have several empty ones laying around.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I gave some quick thought to buying a two or three-gallon mini gas tank. Holy smokes, those things are just as expensive as the 6-gallon that I just bought.

I measured the boat more carefully today. I can ONLY get a 6 gallon in the space available. So, I will have to figure out some way to have a back-up quantity of gas with me at all times.

If I run out of gas on the Chickamauga in TN., I'd just drift until I crashed into the dam at Chattanooga. OUCH! Ha Ha

richg99

p.s. never had this problem with my kayak.

I run a 12/36 with a 9.8 4-stroke, It will hold a little over 4 gallons but I usually run about 3 in it. If I'm going far I will carry a 1 gallon back up.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    122.4 KB · Views: 465

Latest posts