What sun screen do you use?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i use panama jack sport version, in 35 or higher pft. It works for me, rub it in good before I leave the house in the mornings, and seems to keep me from burning with my fair skin.

I use tropical tan deep tanning oil (But as I am Native American I take the sun very well) but for the fairer of skins coppertone's babies SPF 60 spray or bullfrog.... which I still use on occasion for those extra sunny Florida days :eek:)

Hey dyeguy does the bug repellant part of the Bullfrog stuff work well? I read the link and it says no deet is in it...I always heard that effective bug repellants had deet. I like the idea of both being in one product and I am thinking of giving it a try.

Also -- not to hijack the thread but do any of you guys have problems with really dry hands? Mine dry out so badly my fingertips crack to the bleeding point and I can't find anything that works really great to stop it.

BassGeek54 said:
Hey dyeguy does the bug repellant part of the Bullfrog stuff work well? I read the link and it says no deet is in it...I always heard that effective bug repellants had deet. I like the idea of both being in one product and I am thinking of giving it a try.

Also -- not to hijack the thread but do any of you guys have problems with really dry hands? Mine dry out so badly my fingertips crack to the bleeding point and I can't find anything that works really great to stop it.
Ever try any type of udder ointment or bag balm for them fingers?

Zum said:
BassGeek54 said:

Ever try any type of udder ointment or bag balm for them fingers?

trys some of the Gold bond creme/lotion, pretty good stuff for dry skin.

Zum - I did try some udder cream. It had a lot of lanolin in it and it kind of greased up my hands without soaking in much. I will look for the bag balm.

Also -- thanks TNtroller... I will try the Gold Bond too. This stuff hurts when they get like that - I would try almost anything .

You need to watch bug repellant with deet around your fishing equipment or anything plastic or painted for that matter. It is a rather nasty solvent and will eat a foam grip on a rod, the finish on the rod, interior pieces in your vehicle, etc, etc. It may work great for bugs but I try to avoid it now at all costs after ruining a whole lot of stuff from accidentally touching or rubbing up against it.

Quackrstackr said:
You need to watch bug repellant with deet around your fishing equipment or anything plastic or painted for that matter. It is a rather nasty solvent and will eat a foam grip on a rod, the finish on the rod, interior pieces in your vehicle, etc, etc. It may work great for bugs but I try to avoid it now at all costs after ruining a whole lot of stuff from accidentally touching or rubbing up against it.

Wow....never heard of that. Good advice.

at night before you go to bed grease up your hands with vasoline, and cover them each with a plastic bag for about 30-40 mins, then wash them with hot water only till the greasy feeling is gone. the first couple times you do this youll have to keep at it, every night then you can lay off it for a lil while do it maybe 1 time every other week depending on what you do, my feet used to dry out and crack real bad had to go to a dermetologist for them he told me to do this said it works for our hands as well!!!

WOW! Thanks you guys. I never knew that about deet and all the great suggestions about the cracking skin on my fingers. It seems like it had been awhile since anyone was talking...I didn't have anything to report because the weather here has been so rainy that when it stops for a day I have to get all the stuff outside done. I am really glad to see lots of posts. Thank you all so much for the information.

Latest posts