Whats everyone want for christmas?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
flounderhead59 said:
Wife just let me know that she would like a cover for the bed of her '03 Silverado LS Extended cab shortbed. She said she doesn't care what kind (hard top, canvas, vinyl, roll-up, folding, solid tilt) Anyone have a recommendation? We live in northern Illinois and have the snow load to consider so I was thinking about the fiberglass tilt ones.

I got the soft cover that I can roll up. The reason why is smetimes I move furniture or some big item and that fiberglass cover would get in the way. The fiberglass cover looks nicer though.

The covers that cover just the bed like the tonneau covers and the flat fiberglass tilt ones are actually the best for gas consumtion. I seen it on mythbusters.

Another thing to consider is that I have a sprayed in ARMA bedliner that also goes over the rails. Might even consider a full sized cap. Gotta check the prices on those too. SHe prolly won't want a cap cause then the truck won't look like a truck.

flounderhead59 said:
Another thing to consider is that I have a sprayed in ARMA bedliner that also goes over the rails. Might even consider a full sized cap. Gotta check the prices on those too. SHe prolly won't want a cap cause then the truck won't look like a truck.

I have the spray on liner over the rails myself. I wont have another pickup truck without it. :D

Can a tonneau or full sized cap be fitted to a truck with the line on the rails without problems? She might not want the cap cause it will hide her "TEXAS" on the back window. No sliding window so I wouldn't need the slider on the cap either. My boss has a Leer cap on his '03 Silverado and likes it.

Here's her truck now.

normal_IMG_0608a.JPG

Yes, those are real Longhorn horns and yes they are permanantly mounted with holes drilled through the hood. That was her Christmas pesent last year. Hey! She asked for 'em.

The Tonneau will fit no problem. You get rails that clamp on to the bed rails. and the cover uses those.

I have this one, Have had it for 3 years now, no problems:

https://www.autoanything.com/tonneau-covers/60A1071A0A0.aspx

Here is a buch to gather some info for you:

https://www.autoanything.com/tonneau-covers/20A50180A1.aspx

Love the horns! :D

Latest posts