Who has the fastest tin??

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't know what mine runs. I only have a paddle wheel speedo for the Lowrance but it'll speckle bugs all over the front and make your eyes water without safety glasses. When the wheel was on the transom is always read 48-50mph, now that it's on the trim tab it usually reads 38 or so.

Jamie

Ranchero50 said:
I don't know what mine runs. I only have a paddle wheel speedo for the Lowrance but it'll speckle bugs all over the front and make your eyes water without safety glasses. When the wheel was on the transom is always read 48-50mph, now that it's on the trim tab it usually reads 38 or so.

Jamie
gps is way more accurate. I got one of those humminbird paddles,,, well it is way off when shooting across the water at high speeds. On the flip slide it is very accurate at low speeds

redbug said:
I just switched to a 25 fury and was cruising down the river at 68...
That wouldn't happen to be a 25 fury prop for a big oh 100 in something merc would it :mrgreen:

Lil' Blue Rude said:
redbug said:
I just switched to a 25 fury and was cruising down the river at 68...
That wouldn't happen to be a 25 fury prop for a big oh 100 in something merc would it :mrgreen:
no its a 225 hpdi yamaha I have a tin plate in the dash of my triton lol does that count?
i sold my tin a few years ago

Lowe 16X48 w/25 hp Mariner. Two people w/decking and gear about 30 mph. No bug splats for me. She's old but not too slow.

Took the family to the park a few miles south of town. Had it up to 36 with the crew on board. They all sat on the rear bench.
Can't easily lower the motor.IMG_5477.jpg
link to video
https://youtu.be/WKozAysuJdQ

I have a 1552 duracraft with an 98 johnson 50hp on the back. 14 pitch prop with some cup in it and its still not enough prop. Fastest I've ever seen on the gps was 34.9 in perfect conditions. It'll run 31-32 all day long with 2 fat guys, 2 batteries, 8 gallons of gas and the bimini top up.

got 50mph gps with 1/2 gas tank empty livewell and alone in the boat. 115 optimax on my Crestliner VT19 is'nt fully broken in yet. next year I'll add a jackplate.

About 110 mph behind my truck.

And 35-38 on the water.

09' Lund SSV 14', 98' Merc 40 hp Tiller.

t89dlk.jpg

2v3h5ed.jpg

fvk279.jpg

m7xncm.jpg

I like the looks of that Lund - that's a smooth looking boat!

I thought the SSV14 was 35Hp max? Darn fast for a 14'er.

C

Thanks

Its rated for a 35 hp Max. with a Max weight of 230lbs on the transom.

My 40 hp Merc weighs in at 200 lbs so it shouldnt hurt anything, and yes Im breaking the law 8) [-o<

I didn't mean anything by pointing it out - I've been looking at the Lund boats lately (already want to upgrade my tin, what's wrong with me...) and I was looking at the SSV's earlier today so it was still fresh in my mind. I bet that just scoots on flat water.

Still a really smooth looking rig, love that red/silver combo - I just don't trust my 12 out on Winnie unless the weather is calm and stable so I'm looking at moving to a true Deep-V so I can get out in less "optimal" weather. We seem to be having a fair amount of that in the past few years. I really like the looks of the Renegade 1650.

C

Alumacraft said:
Thanks

Its rated for a 35 hp Max. with a Max weight of 230lbs on the transom.

My 40 hp Merc weighs in at 200 lbs so it shouldnt hurt anything, and yes Im breaking the law 8) [-o<

I have the same logic! My boat is rated for a 70hp fourstroke max. I really want to put a 90hp 2 stroke on her. It's considerably lighter than what the 70 fourstroke is. I love my boat, its perfect for what I do but I need more motor.

When I need to start having to worry about chine walk, or flipping over backward at WOT like a hydroplane.....I will be satisfied. Just kidding, but In all seriousness I would'nt hesitate to slap a 115 on it if I came across one at a good price!

Your Lund is one very nice boat. I love the clean lines and the way the motor looks on her. Do you have a thread with more pics of it? Interior and some other angles.

Latest posts