Whole new week.

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks all. I think this will be a great move. It will double my income that I am making now, and it is back in the field that I had worked for over 16 years in the Navy. The systems are a little different but the same process stands as far as QA. while I was at the company for the interview, the Director of Quality did test me while he was giving me the tour of the plant. The biggest thing I learned about that is while you are there, if they ask you what you think about a process, if you see where there could be changes, be honest with them. That is one thing that won me over with the director. I was honest about the cleanliness of the shop "WITH TACT" and he truly wanted to hear that, it happened to be one of his pet peeves and that is why he asked. He is bringing in 2 QA's and based on my experiance and I guess how the interview went, I got the lead position.

Just from talking to the director of Quality, and seeing the company, I think this is an excellent move.

KMixson said:
Glad to hear it all worked out for you. I know you feel a weight has been lifted off of you. Congrats.

Very true. Just doing the two week notice thing with my soon to be former employer, The sad part is if they would pay more here, I would have stayed here, but there in no money in the private security industry. There are a lot of unlicensed companies out there that are taking advantage of the fact there is little to no control on the licensing of the firms. When they get caught, they just lay low for a few months then open up under another name. With them not carying the licenses, they can under cut legit firms.

Good luck man, and Congrats, I lost my Job 3 Years ago, had to sell my vintage car to stay afloat and keep the house, took an hourly job for 2 Years making nothing, searching everyday till one day it just dropped in my lap, new job, fantastic set up, gotta persevere . Things usualy work out in the end.

Froggy said:
Good luck man, and Congrats, I lost my Job 3 Years ago, had to sell my vintage car to stay afloat and keep the house, took an hourly job for 2 Years making nothing, searching everyday till one day it just dropped in my lap, new job, fantastic set up, gotta persevere . Things usualy work out in the end.

I know what you mean, I had to lose my bike that I built just to make ends meet, but you have to make that choice. which is more important. The bike or a roof over the head. I hated to see it go, and I know if I see someone else riding it, it will break my heart. But hey, all I do is keep telling myself there will be other bikes some day.