Woo hoo, I'm almost current

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Popeye

Reaction score
Technologically speaking I am prolly behind the times more than most. My cell phone is 3 years old, I don't text or twitter. My desktop computer is coming up on 6 years old. My wife has a Toshiba laptop we bought a year ago when she was supposed to go out East and drive a school bus for a few months (that fell through and we just kept the laptop). Well her laptop has WiFi capabilities and so I decided that we should get a wireless router for the house. So we did. I spent 4 hours Wednesday trying to get it set up. The first hour was really frustrating because there was no manual (ok, it was on the CD but I didn't know). After finding the manual I got to the part where it asked for a user name and password I entered the one provided and it never worked. Then I had to disconnect the cables and reboot the modem and compter just to get internet back again. Thursday morning and it was round 2. After a couple hours I finally figured out they wanted the email address for the user name and password for the way my computer connects to the internet. Easy breezy... except for one thing... I have never used that email address since I was assigned it. Who uses @sbcglobal.net anyhow? So I had to had the AT&T people reset my password and the install process went smoothly and now...TADA... I have wireless in my house. Now the wife can access the internet from her laptop in the living room and I guess you can use the Wii machine to download some of the older games too.

2592523309_331557168e.jpg