The Hardest Time of Year

Talk about anything that floats your boat (no pun intended). This is general talk about anything not related to boating/fishing.
UtahBassKicker

The Hardest Time of Year

Post by UtahBassKicker » 26 Jan 2012, 00:54

nomowork wrote:
Jdholmes wrote:We were planning on doing lake mead, and down the Colorado river a bit. We just started picking up camping gear so we can do trips a little further away.
We're going to Willow Beach for trout and stripper fishing in the near future. We're dropping two older ladies off at Downtown Vegas and we're heading out to shore fish (leaving boat behind on this short trip). Can't wait for the Seafood Fantasy at the Fremont!
Seafood Fantasy Rocks! Have you ever tried the Rio's buffet? That one is awesome too. Good luck at the lake. Give us an update when you get back to a computer.

Jdholmes

The Hardest Time of Year

Post by Jdholmes » 26 Jan 2012, 01:08

nomowork wrote:
Jdholmes wrote:We were planning on doing lake mead, and down the Colorado river a bit. We just started picking up camping gear so we can do trips a little further away.
We're going to Willow Beach for trout and stripper fishing in the near future. We're dropping two older ladies off at Downtown Vegas and we're heading out to shore fish (leaving boat behind on this short trip). Can't wait for the Seafood Fantasy at the Fremont!
Awesome! I have heard the fishing is good over at willow beach. Where are you hailing from?

Las Vegas is probably the best place for "stripper" fishing...;)

My wife loves the rio buffet - we have only been once so far, but she was loving that they had all you can eat crab legs after 3:00.

nomowork

The Hardest Time of Year

Post by nomowork » 26 Jan 2012, 09:38

We're from SoCal.

Willow Beach used to be a lot better when they stocked at two different locations, by the hatchery and the boat docks. The last time we were there, they only stocked by the hatchery. It looked like opening day at Crowley Lake!

On a side note, I can't wait to drive over the new bridge! That should cut the drive time from Henderson a lot.
HAPPILY UNEMPLOYED