Attention WV Fishermen: BeechFork and UpperMud info..

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cyberflexx

Reaction score
Attention WV fishermen:

I've been hearing reports that the DNR is checking for larger motors at Beech Fork and Upper Mud River Lakes in WV.

A few Saturdays ago, the DNR ( from what I was told) had written about 20 tickets for motor violations at $200 each. They have a book that check serial numbers to make sure your motor is a 9.9hp and not a 15 with a sticker swap. I also heard that is the serials say its a 9.9 but the carb. says otherwise ( 15hp carb) that you should be OK. They aren't checking for the mechanical mods, just serial numbers and larger motors. First they write you a ticket, next violation, they take your boat. Make sure you are legal. I do know the DNR guy at UpperMud likes to hide in the park/swim area to try to catch people fishing in the grass at the swim area markers. I fish there sometimes, but never cast over the marker ropes. He has never bothered me but has watched me like a hawk!

Not 100% if this is true about the motor checking, but I have heard it from two different people so far in the past month. Finally they are doing something about the guys running 25s and 30s with 10hp stickers. =D>

I'm glad I decided to go with a 9.8hp instead of a 15hp and sticker swap, when I bought my motor new in 2009.

Seen that happen a couple times at Union Lake, also during a tourneyment they checked our livewells(which were emptyat the time)