Tapatalk has been disabled due to being incompatible with the current version of the forum software. Will be re-enabled once it's fixed.

Duracraft finished

*****This section is for Full Boat Projects Only*****
1436delta

Duracraft finished

Post by 1436delta »

GREAT LOOKING BOAT =D> =D> WHAT DID YOU USE ON THE FLOOR ?

Kurt Loup

Duracraft finished

Post by Kurt Loup »

doublej wrote:I was thinking about doing something simular to my boat so I was wondering if you had noticed any loose of strength after you removed the benches? It looks awesome I think you will enjoy the huge open area!
Only the middle seat was removed. The front and rear decks attach to the seats. I was worried about strength before the side panels were added. It seems rigid now as the side panels are attached to the floor and sides under the gunwales. I didn't notice any flex when I took the boat out, but I wasn't in chop.

Kurt Loup

Duracraft finished

Post by Kurt Loup »

1436delta wrote:GREAT LOOKING BOAT =D> =D> WHAT DID YOU USE ON THE FLOOR ?
Thanks. Aluminum plate was used for the floor and it was covered with hydro turf. Pink building foam was added between the ribs for floatation. It also stiffened the floor between the ribs.

River Rider

Duracraft finished

Post by River Rider »

Man that is awsome. I have been debating on what to do about my floors for a while. I love how everyone on here makes working with wood look so easy then turn a tin boat into a mean carpeted show room quality rig. I just don't want to deal with wood, nor carpet that would get nasty or have hooks stuck in it. I was planing on diamond plate aluminum, but thought it would reflect too much and get hot sitting out all day. The hydro turf you used where did you get it and how did you attach it? Does it just glue on?
Hold my beer and watch this.

That Robbie Guy

Duracraft finished

Post by That Robbie Guy »

Beautiful !

bluecat

Duracraft finished

Post by bluecat »

nice looking boat. the acces hole at the transom looks really small,were you going to run a small gas tank or just use a trolling motor? again,nice job with the metal framing.

Kurt Loup

Duracraft finished

Post by Kurt Loup »

River Rider wrote:The hydro turf you used where did you get it and how did you attach it? Does it just glue on?
Thanks. I purchased the hydro turf from here: https://hydroturf.com/products.php?cat=C ... Hydro-Turf I used Weldwood contact cement to glue it to the aluminum. You can buy 3M backing on the hydro turf, but it is expensive.

Kurt

Kurt Loup

Duracraft finished

Post by Kurt Loup »

bluecat wrote:were you going to run a small gas tank or just use a trolling motor?
A 3 gallon gas tank fits through the rear hatch. I put the switch box for the bilge and lights in the hatch mounted to the back of the rear bench seat so there is just enough room to squeeze the tank in there.

JBoze

Duracraft finished

Post by JBoze »

Love the floors! How is the Hydro-Turf holding up? I think I might go that route.

Crappie Stalker

Duracraft finished

Post by Crappie Stalker »

Great job man! It looks like a brand new rig. Congrats!
Paul

BassNBob

Duracraft finished

Post by BassNBob »

Excellant job man. I know your prouf of it.

jigster60

Duracraft finished

Post by jigster60 »

WoW.... That is one Sweet job me friend.......JIGGY..... =D> =D> =D>

fishin-fool

Duracraft finished

Post by fishin-fool »

what is hydro truf ? :shock:

hamar507

Duracraft finished

Post by hamar507 »

Very impressive boat you got there. Was the Hydro turf hard to work with? It looks like it is a little thicker than carpet.

shootisttx

Duracraft finished

Post by shootisttx »

That Hydroturf looks great...still looking for a boat, but that will go in first thing.
"Desperation is sometimes as powerful an inspirer as genius."------Benjamin Disraeli