Looking for some ideas for new boat.

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mangelcc

Reaction score
I just wanted to say that this is an awesome site. I am a newbie here. I was out looking for some new ideas on mods for my boat and I came across tinboats.net. Many great minds out here. I had a 1232 jon and upgraded to a 1236, still wasnt satisfied so I now have a 1448. Just trying to decide on the decking. I really only want to deck the front. But not sure. Just wanted to know what you all thought? Thanks again.

Welcome to the site. Make sure to check out all of the 1448's on the site for inspiration. Look forward to seeing the boat.

Heres what I have to work with. Going to start tonight. Front decks first.

Attachments

• pics 606.JPG
    pics 606.JPG
    151 KB · Views: 1,069
Deck that bad boy!!! Run from the front deck to the next bench back - and make the majority of it storage... you have a lot of options with a blank CLEAN canvas like that...

Thats a great looking boat. Perfect for decking. What type of mods are you wanting to do? Livewell? Just picking your brain. You have a fun project ahead of you.

Welcome to TinBoats. =D>

I dont think that Im going to put a livewell in my boat. Maybe a cooler/livewell. Plan on plenty of storage locker space. Just trying to decide if I should put the decking on top of both front and second seat benches or put the aluminum L braces and put the decking in between the benches. All my bracing and supports are going to be aluminum. So many ideas, just need a good starting point.

Well I have a little progress now!!!! I have the front deck supports and frame up and sealed. I made four compartments Two rear compartments are for batteries and the two front are just dry storage. The wood for the dry storage boxes are still drying, I will install them tomarrow. I started cutting the two front deck lids out, still have to cut the two rear doors out.

Attachments

• new2 026.JPG
    new2 026.JPG
    145.7 KB · Views: 724
Im from nc just preparing for the hurricanes :LOL2: Its really not that much weight. It sure supports the deck.

mangelcc said:
Im from nc just preparing for the hurricanes :LOL2: Its really not that much weight. It sure supports the deck.
Looks great, nice job!

Oh, and when I was stationed at Camp Lejeune, a hurricane warning turned all of our bathtubs into "beer lockers". Full of ice and tin cans. :lol:

Can't wait to see more of your boat, keep up the great work!