Seat Bases

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Troutman3000

Reaction score
I want to install the swivil-eze base but I am worried that I wont have enough space between my decks and the bottom of the boat, I dont want to install it upside down because I want to be able to use that space without any obstructions. Any ideas????

Attachments

• seat base.jpg
    seat base.jpg
    6.4 KB · Views: 568
  • 103_1055.JPG
    103_1055.JPG
    621.9 KB · Views: 565
drill a hole and see if the base will touch the floor... You can always cover the hole back up with the black bases.

Or do you not already have the swivil-eze bases?

By the looks of it,you should have a good 3" or more.
but as stated above just drill a small 1/4" hole and check it out.

Yeah I dont have the bases so I dont want to buy them and not have it fit. Any other ideas for a removable system if the bases are too long?

I've seen surface mount bases that might be the ticket for you.
Only downside is once you take the seat off you still have a plate that
is 2" above the floor.

steveg said:
I've seen surface mount bases that might be the ticket for you.
Only downside is once you take the seat off you still have a plate that
is 2" above the floor.

Got any pictures.

I guess I could always build up the base right there, but I wanted to keep it flat in case I wanted to stand there and fish. I guess I could just use a but pad or something. (thinking).....

You could always just cut down a 2x8, and carpet it... that will definitely give you enough room. You could then use lag screws to attach that to the floor, and if you wanted to take it out you could... but I don't think that little block would really get in the way

but I really think you have enough room. Just go to BPS and buy the base mount, drill a small hole before you carpet it and see how much room you have to the top of the wood floor to the bottom of the boat. If the floor is sitting on ribs, then you should have just the right amount of room

I was gonna get them online for 45 shipped with everything, but then I cant take them back. I'll porobably pick one up from Bass Pro to try out first since its 20 mins from the house :)

I actually got it sitting on a 2X2 where it meets the middle benck and then to the ribs as the slope changes to the front. The ribs are small but I still think I can get it in.

Just an idea, but maybe you can grind down the bottom of the mount just a little, the part that hits the bottom of you're boat? Then also the bars that insert into the mount. I wouldn't think more than 1/2 inch grinding would be safe though. Just an idea. Good Luck [-o<

fishking said:
Just an idea, but maybe you can grind down the bottom of the mount just a little, the part that hits the bottom of you're boat? Then also the bars that insert into the mount. I wouldn't think more than 1/2 inch grinding would be safe though. Just an idea. Good Luck [-o<

Had thought of this as well..Seems fesible enough

right, drill a hole big enough for the toggle to go down into while it is folded up.. as soon as you start screwing it down, the toggle will open up and not allow the screw to come back out of the hole. One thing I do recommend is putting a washer between the top board and the screw so that it has something that won't "give" when you start screwing down.

Latest posts