Switch Panel Preference?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

millertime4242

Reaction score
I have read some negative reviews about the switch panel Bass Pro offers. Would you guys recommend another one? I'm a newbie when it comes to wiring, so the simpler the better. I would need about 5 switches. Thanks for any info.

I made mine from a plastic electrical box. Drilled holes in the cover to mount the switches, inline fuses inside and velcroed it to the boat.

This is what I did with a piece of aluminum and some switches, etc. It may be overkill I guess but that's how I always do things...
The small switch panel could easily have been made with a trip to Radio Shack for about half of what I paid. I think switches and in-line fuses are all you need. The housing seems like the more difficult part but the electrical box and cover is a good idea. I added a voltmeter and a 12v accessory socket to mine.

console.jpg

millertime4242 said:
that sounds pretty sweet. Do you have a pic?? How many switches did you have in the box?
Sorry no pics. I have 3 switches in a 2"x4" box Nav lights, headlights and the last switch will be for a bilge pump if needed. I was looking for a 4"x4" box but it's not code around here so I took what I could get. I think I saw it on here or on iboats.