What is the max cap.for a 1990 MonArk 1436 Flat Bottom Jon

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nlovejr

Reaction score
Hey Guys I just joined this site as it is the best ever for tin boats
I recently purchased a 1990 MonArk 1436 Flat Bottom for 400.00 including the trailer and a 3.3hp evinrude
I am in the process of modifying (pics will be posted before,during and after) but the weight cap plate is missing and would like to know what that would be including max motor size

Thx
Norm

I have a 1644 1987 MonArk MOD V and have a 20 HP Johnson on it and it runs fine. The rating plate say's I can go to a 45 HP, and some day I may but for now a 20 HP is good enough. I also have a 20 inch transom and sides. Compare that with that with yours and adjust accordingly. Hope this helps some some until someone else chimes in.

The 1644 is a LOT bigger boat than the 1436.

Most 1436 boats are rated for 15HP. 9.9s and 15s are perfect for these boats.

It would probably be easier to find a boat with comparable dimensions to yours and see what it's rated for. I don't know all the specifics for your boat but it's probably not a lot different than this one.

https://www.alumacraft.com/1436.php

Here is the capacity plate off my 1436, I'd say your should be close to the same.

101_0761.jpg