1036 or 1232?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fearjet

Reaction score
I only have the budget for a 1232 or a 1036, and in the area i live, there are no good condition jon boats for sale on craigslist.
I've got a little 2hp Suzuki to push it along. I plan on fishing for bass on the delta and on small lakes with 2 people, nothing too big. My fishing buddy and i aren't too big, about 300 together. Would the 1232 or 1036 be more suited for my purpose?

that extra 2ft of length might be the difference between losing an ear when your buddy cast.
that extra 4" of width might be the difference between taking a swim when your buddy swats at a mosquito.

i'd go for the 1232 all day long. actually that's what I have.

hmm good point, but my buddy is right handed and i'm a lefty so casting isn't really an issue. I'm going to go with the 1036 because i feel the extra width would be valuable.

I'm gonna suggest the width over length. You do have to be careful to not wack your friend casting, but 32" is tricky for two to stand and fish sometimes. Me and my buddy when musky fishing in my 1032 have to brace when the other one casts.

I know you said you don't have a lot of used boats in your area .....

But, I would HIGHLY suggest being patient and really looking hard to find a used 1436. You should be able to find one for less than $500 that is dry and solid. If you are willing to drive a few hours in any direction, you'll find one pretty quickly.

Learn to use CL search tools like searchtempest ..... its a HUGE help when searching large areas for a specific item.

I found a 1032 and where I live it is tough even on craigslist thay want as much as a new one. so what I did was talk to the scrap metal guys, and thay found me one cheap, as for the leaks there an easy fix, and I floated it all redy it pattled nicly so i'm looking for a trolling motor cheap as well. good luck with your search.