boat registration in Ga

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pinebluff

Reaction score
hey guys im new to the forum and i have a question about getting my boat registered. I live in Ga and im having a hard time getting my boat registered. the problem is the last time it was registered it was not in the persons name that i purchased the boat from and all the information online where it was registered before is wrong ( hull id, length and year of boat). I have a bill of sale from the guy but now i cant get in touch with him anymore. My question is is there anyway that i can get the boat registered? I have registered alot of boats in the past and was not aware of the new registration requirments before i purchased the boat. if anyone can help i would appreciate it. thanks

It needs to be notarized to register a used boat as of October. I have never tried registering boats like this, but it works great with trailers to register as homebuilt. I would see if that it possible, and if so, grind off all the HIN and other ID plates, and deem it a homebuilt craft.

hey man, welcome to the site! What part of GA are you in?

Well... you have the bill of sale, so that's a plus (but unless it's the most current bill of sale off of their website, they will most likely make you have a new one filled out). I just called the guy I bought it from and asked if I could sign his name, shady I know, but he didn't care as long as I sent him a copy. And it has to be notorized (my wife is a notary)...

My boat wasn't in the guys name I bought it from either and I didn't have the registration card. I had to have an affidavit filled out and I sent that in with the bill of sale. Here is the link for the affidavit - https://www.dmv.org/ga-georgia/affidavit-boat-ownership.pdf

I think you should be ok with using the guys name you bought it from... as long as you have his address

thanks bassboy n russ.I dnt know if i can find the guys address or not i will have to see if i can find it. If i can my wife is also a notary :D . i live just outside athens, Ga. I own a taxidermy buisness in ogelthorpe co.

Latest posts