1955 25 hp johnson seahorse

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
no - before the mid 80's motors power output was measured at the crank instead of at the prop - a 25hp from 1955 is ~ a 20hp in 1990.

My father bought our first family boat in 1959, a 14' V hull.
it came with a 1958 Johnson Seahorse 35hp which was perfect
for two adults and three boys. It has pulled many a young lad on skis.

Too much power ? LOL no way.
The CAPTAIN assumes FULL RESPONSIBILITY in the operation of his vessel.
[which is you]

now for the rub - - - once you start modifying your boat from the original factory specs
by installing fishing decks, live wells, tall seats, and weight,
you start to compromise the center of balance which greatly increases the chances of
having something go seriously wrong - very quickly.

use your own best judgement and SAFE BOATING !!
and :WELCOME: to Tin Boats.

BTW Johnny thanx again for the throttle cables & controls - I got everything installed and working the last two nights - pix up on my build thread.

On topic, I too have a 1955 Johnson, though mine is a 5.5hp - they were awesome motors as evidenced by how many of them are still out there today.

I've got a 25hp seahorse ive got a line on, just wanted to make sure it would't be to heavy or to much engine for my boat. thanks for the help yawl

AppalachianAmerican said:
I've got a 25hp seahorse ive got a line on, just wanted to make sure it would't be to heavy or to much engine for my boat. thanks for the help yawl

If you can get for a good price, and OF COURSE you have good, equal compression, and spark - get it!

CMOS