5hp Mariner air cooled outboard review?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Maybe it's just me or the part of the country I'm in, but you don't see any "older" air cooled outboards still running around here. I know they made them back in the day cause my dad use to have one. I remember the pieces of it laying around his shop after it quit running. I also haven't noticed any "older" ones for sale on craigslist or other places. To me, that suggest they don't have a very good life span. On the other hand, I see mid 60's and up model 4 to 8 hp two stroke water cooled outboards quite often. They may run and perform great when new, I really don't know, but it's apparent to me they aren't very durable.

Plenty of air cooleds still around.... Sears and Wards sold thousands of them not to mention the name brands.... I used to run two of them they are loud, they stink, and parts are getting harder to find but they can get you on the water.. What year is the mariner and how much do they want? You may be able to pick up a conventional motor in the same range.... I paid and sold both my gamefishers for 100 bucks. I see Chryslers and forces starting at about 2 here and jonnyrudes and old mercs start at about 3 these are 70s vintage running motors I'm referencing

Latest posts