Noodling

Registered Users Only! Register....It's worth it!
bigwave

Noodling

Post by bigwave »

Ok Riverbottom, I have no problem spearfishing with big ole bull sharks.....my .223 will take care of them. I have to say that you guys are absolutely nuts......snakes scare the crap out of me and I could not imagine grabbing a pissed off beaver. Looks like yall have a good time though.
1984 14 Deep Fisherman Mirrorcraft
https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=23315

Quackrstackr

Noodling

Post by Quackrstackr »

:mrgreen:
Attachments
IMG_2589.JPG
Paddle faster... I hear banjos

fender66

Noodling

Post by fender66 »

THIS......is an AWESOME photo!
Peace,

Chris/Fender66´¯`●.¸.¸¸.●´¯`●.¸><((((º>
Every day should be Fender Day!

2011 TinBoats/BYOB Labor Day Tournament Champion :wink:

BDS05

Noodling

Post by BDS05 »

I wish I had the set to do it!

RiverBottomOutdoors

Noodling

Post by RiverBottomOutdoors »

Couple pics from me and my brother's noodling trip.
1074723_537744206260682_301620146_o.jpg
1008181_537310069637429_655104663_o.jpg

fender66

Noodling

Post by fender66 »

AWESOME!
Peace,

Chris/Fender66´¯`●.¸.¸¸.●´¯`●.¸><((((º>
Every day should be Fender Day!

2011 TinBoats/BYOB Labor Day Tournament Champion :wink:

Loggerhead Mike

Noodling

Post by Loggerhead Mike »

Id love to go with somebody who knew what they were doing. Not much noodling goin on in the mountains

Awsome pictures fellers

lbursell

Noodling

Post by lbursell »

Just my two cents here - Not trying to hate on any one for having fun but, my understanding is that those big cats are the primary breeders in most bodies of water. If we start taking too many of them out, how long until that impacts the fishery? My admittedly non-expert opinion is that the big cats don't make the best eating anyway, so why not get your pictures and release the big ones for another day?

Secondly, here in Texas, noodling was illegal until a few years ago, due to the fact that back in the 50's and 60's too many people were actually drowning when the fish they "caught" got them in water over their heads and wouldn't let go. There's a risk aspect to this type of fishing that no one is talking about, yet. I'm predicting that within a couple of years we'll be reading news stories about people (probably young teenagers) drowning while noodling.

Again, only my opinion.
Resurrecting A 1652 MonArk
https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic ... 21&t=16589

I've grown used to doing stupid things, I just try not to have witnesses.

Quackrstackr

Noodling

Post by Quackrstackr »

Time for a bit of myth debunking.

Firstly, we release over 95% of the fish that we catch. We keep the occasional small fish or one that accidentally got a gill busted in the fight. That's not many. I think it was one fish this year out of the 70 or so that we caught. We did keep some in the 15 lb range but even the big flatheads are great eating.

Next, after catching who knows how many of these things over the years.... trust me, there isn't a catfish out there that's going to hold you down and drown you. I don't care how big it is. They hit to kill what is invading their hole and retreat. It's a lot tougher to get your hands on one of them than you think. They will grab your hand, shake and be gone in a second and a half or less. They're not sharks. :lol: If people drowned because a fish held them under, it's because they wouldn't let go of the fish and the fish was stuck in a hole. Trust me... when you grab ahold of one, the last thing that fish wants is to hang on and fight something 3 times bigger than it is. They fight to get away, nothing more. All you have to do is let go.

Don't believe all of the hype pumped out by these "reality" shows of people doing it.

RiverBottomOutdoors

Noodling

Quackrstackr » Today, 7:51 am wrote:Time for a bit of myth debunking.

Firstly, we release over 95% of the fish that we catch. We keep the occasional small fish or one that accidentally got a gill busted in the fight. That's not many. I think it was one fish this year out of the 70 or so that we caught. We did keep some in the 15 lb range but even the big flatheads are great eating.

Next, after catching who knows how many of these things over the years.... trust me, there isn't a catfish out there that's going to hold you down and drown you. I don't care how big it is. They hit to kill what is invading their hole and retreat. It's a lot tougher to get your hands on one of them than you think. They will grab your hand, shake and be gone in a second and a half or less. They're not sharks. :lol: If people drowned because a fish held them under, it's because they wouldn't let go of the fish and the fish was stuck in a hole. Trust me... when you grab ahold of one, the last thing that fish wants is to hang on and fight something 3 times bigger than it is. They fight to get away, nothing more. All you have to do is let go.

Don't believe all of the hype pumped out by these "reality" shows of people doing it.
Well said, Quacks.

Get the fish out of the hole, take a picture...put the fish back in the hole. That's how we do it. Probably release 99% of the fish we catch...big and small.

There is some risk involved....but it is minimal, nothing even close to the over-dramatized stuff on TV.

bigwave

Noodling

Post by bigwave »

Hey River, I still want to see a pic of the beaver........or big snake. You guys are nuts..... :mrgreen: Keep the pics coming, they are awesome.
1984 14 Deep Fisherman Mirrorcraft
https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=23315

Quackrstackr

Noodling

Post by Quackrstackr »

The yellow one was 60 lbs on the money. I'm 6'5 @ 260 so you'll have to trust me on the weight. It kinda throws things out of perspective. :lol:
Attachments
6.jpg
5.jpg

jethro
Donor

Noodling

Post by jethro »

I think I'll stick with a rod and reel.
I fish, therefore, I am.

1993 Starcraft SF 14 DLX side console with 25 hp Mercury 2 stroke
2003 Sylvan 2100 Profish walkthrough with 150 Mercury Saltwater and 6hp Mecury 4 stroke kicker

RiverBottomOutdoors

Noodling

Quackrstackr » July 26th, 2013, 7:15 pm wrote:The yellow one was 60 lbs on the money. I'm 6'5 @ 260 so you'll have to trust me on the weight. It kinda throws things out of perspective. :lol:
I can tell by that pretty mouf!!!

Paul Marx

Noodling

Post by Paul Marx »

I've got some in a pond that are about 20 lbs. each . Are they big enough to grab ? Can I sink some pipe or something they will go into so i can let freinds and family try it ? Do they only do this a certain time of year ? Like posted earlier this is new to Texas . We don't have many large turtles , but lots of water mocasins .Will they be a problem ? Or will they run ?
"I'll be okay , it only hurts when I breathe "