Trinity/Galveston Bay Area

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RAMROD

Reaction score
Here are few from our saltwater fishing this, or last year.
1.jpg
And what she pulled in!
2.jpg
A day out with real fisher people!
3.jpg
4.jpg
6.jpg
7.jpg
8.jpg
And a few more of other days.
5.jpg
9.jpg
12.jpg
14.jpg
This is how lucky I am! Super hard rain all day long and cold, I say want to go home and wife said " hell no the fish are biting"!
10.jpg
11.jpg
And the normal ending to our fishing trips!
13.jpg

Great pics, and thanks for sharing.

That is a sho-nuff bull red in the first pic. =D>

Yes it was! She caught it on a Penn Battle 2000 with 8 pound braid fought it for about 15 minutes every time it would catch sight of the boat bam! It would strip off about a hundred yards before she could turn it. She was getting tuckered there at the end but would not give up the pole for nothing to take a break! She said if she had given me the pole to take one and I had landed it that I would claim it!

Man she knows me well!!! :mrgreen:

RAMROD said:
Thanks Cap A for the tip but he/she is legal size for Texas waters. Although it was released.

Glad to hear you released it - you do understand that you need the NOAA permit and the minimum size for any shark that is allowed is 64"

I see that is Texas you can keep a few species at 24" and the rest are 64"

Looks like you have a spinner shark there (I think the lower anal fin has black on it? - so 64")

https://www.tpwd.state.tx.us/publications/pwdpubs/media/pwd_br_v3400_1162.pdf

https://www.nmfs.noaa.gov/sfa/hms/Compliance_Guide/Rec/Rec_Compliance_Guide_QR_Shark.pdf

Anyway - since it was a release it does not matter! Nice catching

You passed the test!!! =D>
You are correct it is a Spinner and that is why it was released!
We thought it was a black tip until we got it into the boat other than a small piecing it swam away healthy.
Also unless I am totally off base permit not required in state waters.

.....some nice Reds there! Been catching quite a few in the Dickinson area as well as over on some of the cuts and drains to the east of Hanna's Reef.

The Reds and Big Uglies (Drum) are moving back in R.R. They caught the heck out of them Sunday at the end of the Seawall. Nice pictures Galveston 340 and myself are in dickinson and League City . Not far from you.

Cool! Two more weeks to go here at work, but will hit the bay for at least one day when I make it home.
We will have to get together and plan a trip some time.