1975 Monark 1436 Jon Boat

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I build something for use not looks. Grey is fine, as it will hide some dirt, but here in Texas it is just too hot. Heck even olive drab is too hot in the summer. That is why I went with a very light grey, almost white. Enough to help hide any dirt, but cool enough that it won't burn your feet, arms or legs when you touch it. So far it has been perfect.

I went with a light gray on my interior, it is a no skid, textured finish, but I like the light color and it helps with not soaking up heat as bad!

Cool rig! Winston-Salem, eh? I work in Winston-Salem (it's a WS address but really more like Kernersville), and live in Elon. Maybe we can go fishing sometime.

Nice work,just a little hint here.If I was you I would add a little something to protect them new lights,it dont take to many flying rocks from your trailer tires to completely destroy them.It happened to me last summer, all that was left was a few dangling wires,mind you I do a lot of driving on gravel roads.Mike R

Ok here are some update pictures. I have all the painting done now. I am amazed how nice the paint turned out, it looks like a brand new boat now. I have had people stopping me to talk to me about the boat. Now I have to mount my seats back on it, and put the wood back for the transom. The trailer has all new hardware except for the trailer jack which will be the next thing I buy for it. I want to fix up the live well and improve it, the last owner did some poor job of it lol. I also am going to have the wheels sand blasted for the trailer and buy new tires. I am in the process of re-wiring the boat, I am going to move the battery to the front. I am not going to build any storage right now or anything else big, now I am just going to take it out to the water and have some fun in it. I will do more work when it gets colder out.

paintedboat1.jpg

paintedboat4.jpg

paintedboat3.jpg

paintedboat2.jpg