1976 9.9 evinrude

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
okay I know a 1974-1976 15 hp carb will fit on it.

when I go and look for one, are there serial #'s on the carb?

does somebody know the serial #'s on a 15 hp carb from 74'-76'? Thanks.

whats the best prop for my boat? I normally fish alone, boat 140 lbs, Im 145 lbs, motor 75 lbs, battery 40 lbs, so a total of around 400 lbs. what would be the best prop for me if I wanted speed? I think the prop I have on it now is a 9.5 x 10 (what does this mean??) its a 3 blade prop.

once again my motor is a 76' 9.9 evinrude.

So whats the best prop for my boat?

The 9.5 X 10 means that your prop has a dia. of 9.5" & your pitch of your prop is 10.If you look you can find a 12 pitch but I don't think you have enough motor to push that.One of the worst things you can do to an outboard is lug it or not let it run the rpm's that's its supposed too. [-X

Alumacraft said:
I think the prop I have on it now is a 9.5 x 10 (what does this mean??) its a 3 blade prop.

9.5 x 10 means that it is 9.5 inches in diameter. 10 is the screw pitch. That is how far it will travel in one revolution of the prop in a more firm environment like jello without blending it. As for your best pick, all I can tell you is to experiment with different props if you can.