1976 Mon Ark project

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lights, bilge pump, trolling motor, and front fish finder all working. Took me a little while to figure out how to wire it all back together. :D

I have what appears to be a power supply plug in port. Not sure I really need it though. I will probably just remove it. One less thing to mess with right now.

two things left to do motor and get cracked welded shut. All the electronics work. Boat is registered.

I have to get a fire extinguisher and throw cushion. Not sure about the size of anchor I will need either.

Do I have to have a kill switch for this old motor?

I will paint the outside of the boat next year. I want to go fishing and the fish do not care if this boat has a new coat of paint. :D

tested the boat Saturday and Sunday morning

1. I really need the motor on the back to counter balance my large self up front. LOL
2. Going to add a second 12v battery.
3. Wood decking is coming out and being replaced by Aluminum.
4. Boat might have a small leak, but it was never an issue. Bilge pump worked perfect.
Removed the water in about 30 seconds.
5. My friends are going to help me weld on some side rails so I line up the boat perfect
on the trailer.

Taking my kids fishing as much as I can. I know I am booked for a end of the school year trip with my daughter. She made straight A's

[url=https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=352572#p352572 said:
bobberboy » 17 May 2014, 07:59[/url]"]What a nice, even though sad story. I guess now all you can do is pass your experience to your kids. It will keep the memory of Mr. M alive. I'm a real believer in karma and this is a good example.

thanks

I put the motor on today and finished organizing the transducer wire.

This motor will need:
Carb rebuilt
Solenoid
Solenoid Cover
Impeller

I need to figure out to install a kill switch on this motor that has been converted to key start motor.
I created a different thread in the motor forum.