1978 sylvan 14ft project

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Can't believe it took me 4 years to change from the transom mount. Took fishing to a whole new level even on the test session the other day. I did remanufacture the mount that goes between the boat and the motor. I'll post some updated pics tomorrow. I also made the handle more sturdy and made it strong enough to make sure it doesn't go any where. Won't be able to test it again till next monday unless I get a spare hour or two between now and then.

Here's some pics of the updated mount it is now a lot sturdier. Shouldn't have any more issues. Time to fish hard or find another project.

6a35be92.jpg

a8319824.jpg

Looking forward to testing the Navionics app I got for my iPhone today....looking to trade garmin Nuvi 1450 with case and both wall and car charger included. Unit accepts lake master chips. I'm looking for a good lower end fish finder preferably with color. Pm me if you have something.

Finally some spare time tomorrow evening to take the boat out. Have to test the trolling motor updates I made and the Navionics app.......I don't even care if I catch a fish.

Love the way it turned out.
I'm finally getting to work on mine. Do you have any pics of the under bracing you used on the floor? I am about to start on that part and wasn't sure how I wanted to do it so it's real solid.
Hoping to have mine done in a week or two. Told myself I wasn't going fishing until it's done, So I need to tighten up..

Thanks

I don't have any pics of the bracing but I ran 2"x4"s width wise threw the boat. I used card board for templates for the 2x4's. I also put water proofing on all the 2x4's before installing. I will try and make a drawing later today to show further details.

Great night on the lake tonight....my trolling motor project had zero issues and the Navionics app worked great perfect weather and hungry fish in ready to go again tomorrow.....I need to think of another project on the boat to keep me busy.

Today's project was boat guides for the trailer turned out pretty good after a few attempts. I'm hoping this will make loading easier especially at night. Pics to come tomorrow morning in the light.

Hhhhmmm what project to tackle tomorrow

Very very nice boat i just started working on mine a 1958 sea king a little over 2 weeks ago i hope it turns out half as good as yours very nice love it

Here's some pics of the trailer guides I made they are only partially done I'm in the process of wiring up some small LEDs that will be installed powered by a lithium battery I can turn on at night if needed since I unplug my trailer lights when I launch and load. I also made a little deal for my daughter to identify keeper fish do she doesn't have to ask every time if it's a keeper. I put some glow in the dark tape on them as well and they shin really good at night.

c297d369.jpg

3e98fb98.jpg

3e9ab689.jpg

110ae394.jpg

Tested the boat guides on Saturday and they worked awesome didn't even need to use my winch. I think I'll make a little video of it next time I go out and post it. The led lights I added work great when it's dark out for guiding purposes. I may add a piece of flat aluminum for support on the bottom of the guides.

PHEW.....Tuesday was a rough one for the boat I broke my boat guide on the trailer then I broke my battery shut off switch then on the way home my wiring was hanging on the ground. Got it all fixed back up and ready to go. On the bright side we caught tons of fish.

c4bae821.jpg

Great night on the lake Saturday caught a lot of fish and the sunset was great . Foes anyone out there have a used graph they would like to trade I have a Garmin 1450 gps unit up for trade if anyone is interested.

3c4f4b6e.jpg

a57c72d8.jpg

jellio-- curious about your Garmin. It works with the Navionics SD cards? Also, what's the difference between Navionics on a smartphone vs Navionics on the Garmin? I've been trying to figure out an affordable GPS system for another boater in the family who doesn't have a smartphone, and his old old GPS12 finally bit the dust. Trying to decide between a street-style GPS with Navionics card, or some sort of Android tablet with GPS and the Navionics app. Thanks! -Matt, Mpls

First of all those flooding pics are crazy! I'm glad to hear you and yours are ok.

Also those floors are nice, where did you get them from?

Hey J nice looking rig! I was curious about how wide your boat is at the bottom? I wanted to put some storage in similar to what you did but I wasn't sure how wide I wanted it. I have a 16 ft Smokercraft with a 66" beam. How wide are your storage boxes and how much space do you have in between? I was going to run them from bench to bench, but I like the fact that you didn't. It leaves a little room for a cooler or what not. Nice job.

Latest posts