1978 sylvan 14ft project

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Transom is installed but not bolted in yet need to make the piece for the outside of the boat and wires are run for the graph pics to come moving on to cutting out and building the front storage compartments also have to run wires for my inboard lighting. Hopefully I'll be installing the base carpet tonight.

Had a good day today got most of the carpet installed and the transom in but not bolted. Tomorrow I have to finish the last deck compartment finish carpeting the back and finish putting the transom in. After that put the seats in and make some cabinets in the rear of the boat.!

3d9bf13a.jpg

007ace03.jpg

8bee5853.jpg

37e7ae84.jpg

Didn't get a lot done today rear carpet is in and finished the front storage compartments. Tomorrow morning I'll get some pics. Plan tomorrow is to go to menards right away for some supplies then start on the rear compartments then to the store later in the pm to look for seats and a post deal for the front seat and a battery. Hoping to have all the construction stuff finished then it's on to putting all the fun stuff in..……first time ive ever lput down any type of carpet…carpet glue is not my friend. Hoping to take it out and test it early next week.

Whew.....yesterday was a marathon finally got the construction done at 4am. Here are some pics from Friday I'll get the completed pics tomorrow.

49d235da.jpg

ee27aae5.jpg

1eeafac7.jpg

Haven't made any updates for awhile I'm done with all the major stuff and most of the minor stuff. Just messing around with small things know.

Got a nice rubber mat for my gas tank

e31566c7.jpg

in this pic you can see the battery tester one of my running lights the battery shut off and pole holders

67ef0da2.jpg

This is up in the front the two storage compartments are perfect for PFD's and rain gear and room for more

ee0b6195.jpg

This pic shows my graph and gps mounts

bd1f5120.jpg

You can see my inboard charger a running light and my trolling motor plug and stern light base

48bbb238.jpg

d9988a65.jpg

Installing front seat base

Front seat is installed tomorrow the motor goes on and the trolling motor and it's time to test it out.

b4be29a3.jpg

b7e3fd1c.jpg

Maiden voyage tomorrow evening.....hope all goes well will report back with some pics tomorrow night.

The weather won out today storms and rain....heading out tomorrow morning again to try. I did manage to recess my cup holders and get the clets put on. only other bolt ons I have left are my rood holders for trolling.

My wish list is pretty small at this point i need another seat base for the middle of the boat. Also would like to get a hydrofoil for my motor a pack of marker buoys and maybe a transom saver.

Right you are....next time out I'll bring my gos for a speed check but it moves fast enough for me

Well yesterday I got a few little things done made an inspection hole in the back in case I need to get in there at some point. Put my rod holders for trolling on and added a battery strap for my battery box to keep the top on tight. I also made a deal to hold my gas can down. Also put some hydrofoils on my outboard to get it up on plane faster hopefully. Was planing on going fishing today but there calling for severe storms this afternoon so will see what happens. Now I'm really strugling to find things to do. Have to get a grey seat for the back of the boat on payday other than that I think I'm done.

Well major flooding has stopped any project on the boat worked about 16 hours straight to save my basement. Here's some pics from my neighborhood

63aacc3e.jpg

https://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd297/jellio5/3aa3281f.jpg[/IMG

[img]https://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd297/jellio5/7127da6f.jpg

cea3be9c.jpg

Yes a seal escaped the zoo and was swimming down the street

4c6e5504.jpg

Yea, Duluth got hammered with heavy rain last night. The governor declared a state of emergency and authorized the National Guard to help Duluth cope with its flood damage.

Hang in there, jellio5.

Thankfully my family is ok and because I busted my butt there's minimal damage in the basement. Good thing I was home and the sump pump didn't lose power or it would have been a disaster. There was a child swept about 8 blocks threw a culvert but by the grace of god he was rescued....could have easily been a fatality. There's hundreds of displaced folks in our kneck of the woods so I'm thankful we made it threw ok....now it's time to help those who weren't as lucky as us. I'll post some more pics shortly.

Here's some pics I took on my phone.

49397949.jpg

cc94926c.jpg

16ca7b3e.jpg

Here's what's left of a car dealership

6cb472c5.jpg

a1ff02c3.jpg

This pic is from up by my parents house

7df003b2.jpg