1983 Valco Bayrunner refirb

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
richg99 said:
Re the peeing issue. I've been carrying a length of PVC. It "extends" over the gunnel.

Didn't think you needed a picture. Ha Ha. richg99

It's called a fish bugle. You tell your fishing buddy that it's a fish calling bugle and that they need to play it. Of course he tries. Put it away until you need to pee. The look on your Buddys face when he finds out is priceless.

Home Depot sells 1 1/4" pine round stock for under $2 a foot that made a nice push pole. Its like a closet rod but not oak. I bought 11 feet but cut it to 10 1/2' to fit perfect in the boat. I've always used a paddle and have been wanting a push pole for a long time. Next the dash on top of the console was an eye sore.

[
300wbb8.jpg
]

I removed, sanded and treated the teak wood and then sanded and painted the top of the console. Much better!

[
so3250.jpg
]

The 16lbs light weight battery got installed so the wife and I can head back up the Verde River to see if we can get past that fast moving shallow spot tomorrow.