1997 Tracker Pro Team 17 overhaul

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would pull new 6ga. Wire hot and ground. With a in line fuse. For a new trolling motor. And your good for a long while [emoji1303]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Run it straight down the center of the boat to the batteries not the fuse panel

gatorglenn said:
Run it straight down the center of the boat to the batteries not the fuse panel

My trolling motor runs fine just no power to the outboard. All the accessories and pumps are also working fine. It has to be something from the ignition to the outboard

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

OK I just went back and read a little further. I thought we were talking about the in-line fuse for the trolling motor. Sorry I see you are talking about the motor it's self. The only thing that would not allow it to get power at all to anything back there would be your ignition switch from that point go back toward the fuse panel and then back to the battery if everything is good in that order

The problem is not in the motor of course. It is in the wiring from your ignition switch to the battery

Yes I can start the motor if I jump the solenoid with a screwdriver. So I'm assuming it has to be in the wiring somewhere

Go back to post #79 in that pic. Is the inline fuse from my battery to the fuse block. I know someone told you that your model may not have it I find that a little hard to believe. But mines an 06 and you also may have the fuse directly in the block for it instead of being in line.

gatorglenn said:
Go back to post #79 in that pic. Is the inline fuse from my battery to the fuse block. I know someone told you that your model may not have it I find that a little hard to believe. But mines an 06 and you also may have the fuse directly in the block for it instead of being in line.

Yes I have checked the power line from the battery all the way to the fuse box there is a 20 amp fuse it's connected to in the panel that is fine. There is no inline fuse in the line

And you do have power coming out of the fuse box going to the motor another words from battery to fuse box is OK fuse box out are you not getting anything out of the fuse box

Is there a fuse on the motor itself? My 2004 has one on the upper right rear corner of the motor. When it fails, the power tilt won't work, I found that the hard way.

Also, since you pulled the console, check the wiring harness plug connections in the console. The plugs have split male pins that collapsed on mine. I used a small screwdriver and spread the pins apart very carefully. I also used dielectric grease to help stop corrosion in those plugs.

https://m.oreillyauto.com/h5/r/oap/site/c/detail/PER0/22058/N0941.oap?ck=Search_N0941_-1_-1&pt=N0941&ppt=C0139

Thank you for all of the help and advice. I regret to inform you all that I am a dumbass. I took the solenoid out to clean the terminals and when I put it back in I hooked the power lines to the wrong side. After hours of tracing wire and trying to figure out the problem I realized what I had done. Even though I was pissed off at myself I was relieved to know I had fixed the problem!

Done
f8026277dfc54c12515b40b46f3cb7ec.jpg
d6af2006677e41dca97f6cc78c7c1347.jpg
c482900e21d239740d7bfa169ee3a925.jpg
fee2456772f92c5c4bc05c790b87f51c.jpg
15cac0502f3f55b2b232c48215daa7dd.jpg
cf14df6b15d78fd3b486d6e3cdd69413.jpg
be3785b8b5152a1ee4aa28144f853726.jpg

Bro, good looking boat. I've wished lately that I knew how to weld aluminum like this. Awesome work.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I'm curious how much you'd charge to do the exact same build if someone provided the same hull

Turned out super. You do know this is a lifetime boat right. Make memories pass it on to your son. Great job

Prowelder said:
Thank you for all of the help and advice. I regret to inform you all that I am a dumbass. I took the solenoid out to clean the terminals and when I put it back in I hooked the power lines to the wrong side. After hours of tracing wire and trying to figure out the problem I realized what I had done. Even though I was pissed off at myself I was relieved to know I had fixed the problem!

Pride is a lot cheaper than parts! Congrats on the awesome build - hope you and your family get to safely enjoy it for years.

JigglyJohnson said:
I'm curious how much you'd charge to do the exact same build if someone provided the same hull

At least a couple grand

Prowelder said:
JigglyJohnson said:

At least a couple grand

What state are you in?