1997 Tracker Pro Team 17 overhaul

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Prowelder said:
Putting it back together
a2c449261d8660800650fa2ad0b62d97.jpg
4ca7cf8ed00daf329f9f45b865f6aad3.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk
Yep, doing good. Me you and Cody87 are on the same weave link.
592a4b5fbbf1d11c533e668623f93d39.jpg
592a4b5fbbf1d11c533e668623f93d39.jpg
This is where Iam at now. To clean her up and start the rebirth

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

This is a neat rebuild. I can't wait to see the finished product. I should also thank you for getting me back on track with the project I started over a year ago. ('88 Pro 17)IMG_0615.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here's a before and after of the gas tank and Battery area! Big difference. You guys probably think I'm crazy but this boat will be done by Saturday night! I'm going to lake Gaston Sunday morning for a week and this boat is going with me one way or another
af170e94872d0ab0725de0d1d5265286.jpg
62bf68c6908e05e0b3570484f7e63012.jpg
250820195c6c7c34c30fa20450da79b1.jpg
7ec3584d2c57e1719847b0682d6676d8.jpg

You must be going to work nonstop [emoji106]
There's a lot left to do. Good luck! Hope your done

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I have the same boat how hard is it to get the front deck off

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

oobuck said:

The easiest part. All you have to do is take the screws out and it comes right up

Prowelder said:
oobuck said:

The easiest part. All you have to do is take the screws out and it comes right up

What about the hinges for the storage and the floor part by the helm

Prowelder said:

You've made a ton of progress - great job! I've been following this build all along and may pull some ideas for my PT165 build on another thread.

What material did you use on the bow panel where the trolling motor is mounted? On my boat, the vinyl that came from the factory was cracked and peeling really badly, so I scraped it all off. I'm going to paint that area to match the rails/gunnels, but I think that some kind of vinyl or thin textured padding up there gives it a real "finished" look.

They're disappointed to say that I have the boat 90% completed but I had an issue with the power and I could not get it done in time to take to the lake last week. The motor was not starting it was trying to but it would not. So high took the solenoid out and clean the terminals put it back together and cleaned up the couple of wires that look burnt. Once I got it all put back together there is no power at all coming into the motor. The power tilt and trim does not work. I tried jumping the solenoid with a screwdriver and once again it tried to start. I checked all the fuses I can think of there's only one on the motor I know of and several under the console any help?
8fd52d0b5010192e845d2328aac5c7d9.jpg

sokmace said:
Prowelder said:

You've made a ton of progress - great job! I've been following this build all along and may pull some ideas for my PT165 build on another thread.

What material did you use on the bow panel where the trolling motor is mounted? On my boat, the vinyl that came from the factory was cracked and peeling really badly, so I scraped it all off. I'm going to paint that area to match the rails/gunnels, but I think that some kind of vinyl or thin textured padding up there gives it a real "finished" look.
I just clean it with aluminum stripper and painted it there's really no need for me to have any type of texture up there because it is completely covered. As you can see in the picture there's no room to stand up there now

oobuck said:
Prowelder said:
oobuck said:

What about the hinges for the storage and the floor part by the helm

Everything is screwed and riveted together once you start disassembling it pretty much self-explanatory

Prowelder said:
They're disappointed to say that I have the boat 90% completed but I had an issue with the power and I could not get it done in time to take to the lake last week. The motor was not starting it was trying to but it would not. So high took the solenoid out and clean the terminals put it back together and cleaned up the couple of wires that look burnt. Once I got it all put back together there is no power at all coming into the motor. The power tilt and trim does not work. I tried jumping the solenoid with a screwdriver and once again it tried to start. I checked all the fuses I can think of there's only one on the motor I know of and several under the console any help?
8fd52d0b5010192e845d2328aac5c7d9.jpg

Anybody have Any helpful advise?

Glen are there any inline fuses anywhere? I have check the obvious fuse panel under the console and the 20 amp fuse in the motor itself am I missing anything

On the red wire side of your cables you should see this
b52742abf939685661f866cdf45fee31.jpg
if not then get one from almost any boat part supplier. Most easiest ones to get our usually Whole salemarine.com or TH marine
6726a524d645711c5bb4219b0d541534.jpg
this is the one that actually came on my tracker and it's 412 and 24 V system but this one is a 40 amp

How close to the battery is that because I do not have one that I can see

It's only 8" away. But it can be anywhere along that line that makes it easy to get to

15104ec440f338e10da554fc803c70c4.jpg
this one is your standard flat 2 prone fuse it doesn't really matter what type you use just as long as you have one

I am going to double check the lines tonight I talked to the guy at Bass Pro Shop he told me there is no inline fuse for my year. He did say that it sounds like I may have a bad spot in one of the lines

Latest posts