2 trolling motors on one boat?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mhargrove88

Reaction score
:?: :?: I have a 14ft G3 and I purchased a minn kota traxxis 55lb transom tiller. Great motor. I'm also going to buy a new Minn Kota PowerDrive 55lb bow mount motor next week after I install my front pedestal seat. I bought this boat knowing I was getting a bow mount motor, but never really liked the idea that once you have your motor down from the bow trolling around, you might accidently wander into a shallow stump field, so I opted to get the bow mount to get out of those situations. I was just wondering if more than one trolling motor is common among other fishermen. I don't have a gas powered engine, as lakes around me are electric only. :?:

I've got a 1236 jon boat... I've got 3 - 2 on the rear, and a foot control on the front.

I still run mine up on shallow water... just have to rock myself off them with the bow mounted turned on high to get me out!

I have a small MinnKota transom mount I put on the Alumacraft when fishing SimpsonLake,a small electric only lake in St.LouisCo.I use it mainly to put the boat back on the trailer.
Steve

My boat (1436) had a 36# foot control up front when I got it, tiller 20hp on back. I added a TM on the transom last year. I keeps me from changing positions with fishing partner every time we go to a new location. If alone, I still stay in back of boat unless Im fishing docks, then Ill go up front.