2002 G3 1756 DLX CC

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I cant wait to follow your mods on here Badbagger! Def go with the LineX.

I got my StyxRiver mat in today. One of the things I was worried about was the weight of it. I thought that 1/2 thick and that much of it would be heavy. It only weighs 27 lbs total (shipping weight) I will be trimming it down to fit and I'm estimateing only adding 20lbs to the boat with this stuff. I bet I have that much paint and non skid on there so its not an issue at all.

I started making the template out of a roll of "builders paper" tonight I cant wait for the heat to let up here in FL. I got it made and then trimmed it up tonight before it got dark. I was dripping sweat all over it so much that I decided to quit for the night. Tomorrow I will put the template back in to ensure a perfect fit before placing it on my StyxRiver mat and attempting to cut it out (in the house with the A/C on 72 degrees).

The tires I ordered were out of stock so I had to go somewhere else to get them (sun tire). It's going to cost me $155.00 for the tires and having them mounted (on the rims I painted) and balanced. I will put them on tomorrow night as well. I could have bought new rims and tires already to go for $177.00 so I did end up saving $22.00 So thats cool! I do feel good knowing that they are real trailer tires and rated for heavy loads!

After the new rims and tires are on and the StyxRiver mats are installed tomorrow its pretty much done.

Im going to get a Trolling motor and gps/fish/depth finder at some pt though. The G3 comes with a minnkota tm from the factory I'm guessing its a 55lb thrust since that is the strongest 12V TM out there and the boat is wired for 12V. Academy Sports has one thats black and is a hand controlled model (thats what I want) for $249.00 so that is probably what I will go with along with a minn kota fishfinder not sure which one yet.

bayou voodoo said:
Looking awesome. I have a G3 1860CC with tunnel. I purchased hydroturf for front and back decks and think I am going to do duragrid interlocking mats for the rest of the floor. Have not finished installing the hydroturf due to kids and weather. Hoping to finish it this week. You got a great boat there! Enjoy!

Thanks!

I have kind of been modeling this boat after the Mossy Oak boats that G3 sells now.

I have heard nothing but great reviews on hydroturf. The only reason I didn't use it was because I could get the StyxRIver Neomats in Mossy oak breakup. If I were you I would go with the HydroTurf everywhere.

Do you have the one with the Flip flop cooler seat? That has been my dream boat for a long time, along with the center Console jet. I love the Flip Flop seat. I like to have the weight just a little fwd of the rear bench.

Took the boat to St Augustine for a little Salt water fun. We put in at the Vero Beach boat ramp (saw some amazing boats there like the 39ft Yellowfin I posted the pic of). I didn't see any other Camo boats but there were a few other Tin boats in the intracoastal. We did some cruising and swimming and checked the area out. next time Im going to do some fishing. We even ventured out into the ocean a little bit. My Dog had some fun chasing crabs.

Attachments

• 317038_1472372145234_1711578803_723815_942740_n.jpg
    317038_1472372145234_1711578803_723815_942740_n.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 1,646
  • 318469_1472374025281_1711578803_723822_4323038_n.jpg
    318469_1472374025281_1711578803_723822_4323038_n.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 1,646
  • 301134_1472374825301_1711578803_723824_941677_n.jpg
    301134_1472374825301_1711578803_723824_941677_n.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 1,646
  • 39ftyellowfin.jpg
    39ftyellowfin.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 1,646
Yep I have the cooler seat. That was the main reason I ended up with the 1860cct as it was the only one. Since then I have tossed around the idea of getting a leaning post with small dry storage and cooler underneath but cannot really justify it. I probably spent a year going back and forth on making a decision for flooring until my wife said just get it! The boat turns into a frying pan after 9 down hear. I was able to get all the pieces cut our of 3 sheets but like you have experienced with our FL weather the window to work outside on a jon is small. I will post pics once complete. I went with Gatortrax duck grass camo so it does not totally match the mossy oak cushions but it does not clash either. When I do have to redo the cushions I may do a different camo... For Trolling motor I have a 55pd Minn Kota but am planning on doing a poling platform for both sight fishing and saving some of the battery juice. Still working on the design for that. What did you use to wrap the grab bar on the console with? How much cooler is your deck now?
reedjj said:
bayou voodoo said:
Looking awesome. I have a G3 1860CC with tunnel. I purchased hydroturf for front and back decks and think I am going to do duragrid interlocking mats for the rest of the floor. Have not finished installing the hydroturf due to kids and weather. Hoping to finish it this week. You got a great boat there! Enjoy!

Thanks!

I have kind of been modeling this boat after the Mossy Oak boats that G3 sells now.

I have heard nothing but great reviews on hydroturf. The only reason I didn't use it was because I could get the StyxRIver Neomats in Mossy oak breakup. If I were you I would go with the HydroTurf everywhere.

Do you have the one with the Flip flop cooler seat? That has been my dream boat for a long time, along with the center Console jet. I love the Flip Flop seat. I like to have the weight just a little fwd of the rear bench.

The 1860 CCT is a great boat. I was looking for an 1860 when I found my 1756. Saw a 1966 and 2072 and seriously thinking of selling my 1756 and moving up.
The 1860 is fantastic but is only 4" wider. The biggest thing I'd give up is fantastic fuel mileage with the 50, **** thing sips gas.

Yeah I love it! Just trying to make it more kid friendly with the heat! I have a 90 2 stroke and it does pretty well with the gas. I wish I would gone with the a 4 stroke but was worried about the extra weight and extra funds!

The tuff coat makes it unbelievably cooler. It still gets hot but you can walk on it barefoot no problem. Before it was actually dangerous to go barefoot or even to brush your leg against the rail. The StyxRiver mat is really great too. Its like standing on one of those rubber mats at a work station. Like at a machine or a cash register. Great stuff.

The grab bar is wrapped with cloth Mossy Oak Break up tape from Wal-mart. It is Remington brand found in the sporting goods section. I used 2 rolls of it to do the grab bar, front light post, and the 4ft long rear light pole.

I really like this boat and don't plan on selling it anytime soon. I would like a few more HP though. It's rated for a 70hp so I would really like to get a 70hp 4stroke, or even better a 90hp 2 stroke (its lighter than the 50hp 4 stroke).

The 1860 CCT has been a dream of mine for a while. I love the tunnel, the jackplate, and shallow capabilities. I would also really like to have a Jet....But if I stay in FL I am not willing to give up the speed and performance of a prop. The CCT is the happy medium.

Badbagger, If you get the 90hp sell me your 50hp cheap!

One thing I have learned in getting this boat is that Yamaha outboards are my new favorites. My Dad and I have never had anything but Mercury (once I had a Tohatsu but Tohatsu makes Mercs so its ok). I will always own Yamaha outboards from now on!

Hey reed...

I may sell the entire package and move to a 1966 or a 2072 OR if not, I'd sell the 50 and move to a 90.
Boat is rated for a 70 BUT the weight of the engine to me is the prime factor and even the 90 Four Stroke
comes in at under the boats load limit for the engine weight. Moving to the 1860 to gain only 4" in
width just doesn't make sense.

However, I like you and ONLY going with Yamaha engines. I've owned them all over the years and
from here on out, sticking with Yamaha's.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it lol.

I have been doing a little saltwater fishing lateley in North FL in the SIsters Creek Ft George inlet area. This weekend Im going to St Augustine to go after some Reds and Trout. My G3 handles great in the salt and I can go anywhere Inshore and on nice days I can even go offshore.

Here is a couple shots of my last few times out in bigger water another of the Styx river mat installed.

Attachments

• damespt.jpg
    damespt.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 1,456
  • nassausound.jpg
    nassausound.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 1,456
  • backtofront.jpg
    backtofront.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 1,456
  • shipping.jpg
    shipping.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 1,456
More pics...I couldnt be happier with my G3. Other than a few little odds and ends I have not done any more mods. I did get a Lawrance X-4 Pro fishfinder that is really nice. I originally planned to get a Lawrance HDS-5 fishfinder/gps charplotter but I don't really need it as I am not going so far that I cant see land or really get lost anywere.

Oh I also got a new prop. I went from the factory 3 blade 14 pitch to a Solas Amita 3 in a 12 pitch. I only lost about 1 mph WOT but I blast outta the hole and get on plane really fast. Even with a heavy load in the boat and pulln a tube. Its a bigger diameter prop with bigger blades so the it makes up for the lower pitch by moving more water.

Attachments

• cg.jpg
    cg.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 1,454
  • dryland.jpg
    dryland.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 1,454
  • jetty.jpg
    jetty.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 1,454
  • hecksher.jpg
    hecksher.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 1,454
Nice pics! Just sold my G3 and did better than I'd expected on the sale and now looking for either a SeaArk, Xpress or another G3 in the 20 - 22' range.

reedjj said:
I have a few more things to get done.

1. Re-upholster the CC seat and seat back with the Mossy Oak breakup material I picked up from Wally world.

Hey Reed,

Your boat looks great. Did you ever re-upholster the CC seat/back? Did you do it yourself?

I'm new to this site and came across you thread while looking for info on my '02 1756 CC DLX w/ 50hp 4stroke engine.
I'm in need of re-upholstering my CC seats, repair wiring that squirrels/rats ate, and buy new or repair control/throttle cables.

I would appreciate any suggestions on re-upholstering CC.. pics of mine below:
photo.jpg

Thanks,
Chris Bany

Wow this is a late reply.... Yes I did get the seats done. I used some Mossy Oak Breakup carpet that I found at Wally World. I just stapled it to the back of the ply wood and and re-attached them to the console.

seat re-upholster.jpg

I have bought a few new toys since I posted on this thread. Thought I would go out get some pics to post.

I got a new MinnKota Edge 55.lb thrust hand controlled TM. And a "stickit Anchor pin" shallow water anchor ( it's like a human powered powerpole lol).

Today I picked up a small hand-held VHF radio that has a mount so I can mount it to the dash. It's batteries are rechargable and I can plug it into the 12V outlet on the center console if I need to.

I also got a motor cover from the boat shop I used to help me with the work on my boats. I am working there part time mostly for free labor and the entertainment of it all. I get a few bucks to hang out and talk fishing. Lol.

Here are some pics of the toys.

Attachments

• trollingmotor.jpg
    trollingmotor.jpg
    538.5 KB · Views: 1,292
  • fishfindradio.jpg
    fishfindradio.jpg
    496.5 KB · Views: 1,292
  • stickitpinbracket.jpg
    stickitpinbracket.jpg
    454.5 KB · Views: 1,292
  • stickitpinanchorcover.jpg