2016 official Trail Camera Thread

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
keep hunting. around here when the temps drop most of the bucks go nocturnal. just keep hunting, hope that he walks out during hunting hours.

Jim said:
Here is where I need some help figuring these things out. As you can see these jokers like to get in front of the camera after legal hunting hours (half our before sunrise and half hour after sunset). What should I do?
Jim, are you hunting public land or a pressured area? I have problem with high pressure and all mature deer tend to go nocturnal towards November. However I agree with lovedr79. Just keep hunting, love makes them do dumb things and they will make a mistake. Also attempt to find bedding areas, as bucks will locate themselves to monitor the path to female bedding areas. "Have Does and the Bucks will be come"[emoji16]

panFried said:
Jim said:
Here is where I need some help figuring these things out. As you can see these jokers like to get in front of the camera after legal hunting hours (half our before sunrise and half hour after sunset). What should I do?
Jim, are you hunting public land or a pressured area? I have problem with high pressure and all mature deer tend to go nocturnal towards November. However I agree with lovedr79. Just keep hunting, love makes them do dumb things and they will make a mistake. Also attempt to find bedding areas, as bucks will locate themselves to monitor the path to female bedding areas. "Have Does and the Bucks will be come"[emoji16]

No, Private 18+ acres. Im sure people go through, its not posted. I have seen old tree stands up but nothing recent.

Jim said:
panFried said:
Jim said:

No, Private 18+ acres. Im sure people go through, its not posted. I have seen old tree stands up but nothing recent.

That's tough! Have you tried mock scrapes or buck bombs when you get in stand? Do you know the rut prediction for this year in area? I love getting in right before rifle (week before) which usually leads to day time bucks.

around here mid november the bucks start running does, i mean running them. day and night. grunt, rattle, scent seems to work for me. heck i had the biggest buck under my stand two years ago. i got in a little late, just barely light. as i was getting situated there he was. i hadnt even pulled my crossbow up much less quiver and bolts. and off he went..........

lovedr79 said:
around here mid november the bucks start running does, i mean running them. day and night. grunt, rattle, scent seems to work for me. heck i had the biggest buck under my stand two years ago. i got in a little late, just barely light. as i was getting situated there he was. i hadnt even pulled my crossbow up much less quiver and bolts. and off he went..........
Ha! I know this scenario all too well! I've even met them at the base of my stand in the dark which will surprise the hell outta when they start blowing and yelling in you face.

yes. especially does. blowing, stomping, tails in the air. one spot at my buddys place is way up on top of a wooded ridge. i have killed many deer from this stand, but depending on the weather they sometimes will come over the ridge to bed or start foraging early. i have been scared more than once at that stand when the woods came to life while it was still dark.

Jim said:
panFried said:
I caught something unusual on the cam this week... you be the judge. LMAO

I'm Greek, That's a sheep! :LOL2:

Did you like that? I couldn't stop laughing. It just looks so happy to be free! Neighbor had a still of it on his cam, and he thought he had a rare piebald deer. LOL

panFried said:
My son and I ran into this fella in the dark walking back to the cabin Saturday Youth hunt. He was huge and made a great memory. We passed on several small deer waiting for the big ones, his choice.

https://youtu.be/iCP7cQOUxdQ

Hey Pan. What camera do you have? Wondering how much space on the SD card the videos take up? Also how hard on the batteries is it taking videos compared to still pictures? I'd like to set my Dad's up to take videos and am just curios if they will quickly fill up the memory card (32gb) and/or run the batteries dead quickly.

BigTerp said:
Hey Pan. What camera do you have? Wondering how much space on the SD card the videos take up? Also how hard on the batteries is it taking videos compared to still pictures? I'd like to set my Dad's up to take videos and am just curios if they will quickly fill up the memory card (32gb) and/or run the batteries dead quickly.
I have a wild game innovations $40 special. I would love better but I can't guarantee it will still be there. I use video mode (30sec) and only have a 2gb card. I get about 80-100 videos depending on day vs night. And I change batteries once a month minimum given the activity level. I am thinking I have seen it go a good 2-3 mos before changing sometimes.

panFried said:
I have a wild game innovations $40 special. I would love better but I can't guarantee it will still be there. I use video mode (30sec) and only have a 2gb card. I get about 80-100 videos depending on day vs night. And I change batteries once a month minimum given the activity level. I am thinking I have seen it go a good 2-3 mos before changing sometimes.

Cool. We haven't changed the batteries on my Dad's yet and it was still at 70% battery life over the weekend. That's about 2 months of it being up and running taking 3 photos every 3 minutes when triggered. I'm going to switch it over to video the next time I'm up there. I think the videos are neat.

BigTerp said:
Cool. We haven't changed the batteries on my Dad's yet and it was still at 70% battery life over the weekend. That's about 2 months of it being up and running taking 3 photos every 3 minutes when triggered. I'm going to switch it over to video the next time I'm up there. I think the videos are neat.
I like it because I can tell what, when and who they are doing! [emoji51]

If you get chance I have other videos this week of more deer activity. YouTube channel is DulleOutdoors

Wish me luck fellas, I'm sitting over my hot camera. #myViewNow
e01fd8e709bcf9a2606ab800fe0f21a1.jpg