A few reports .. 2-6 to 2-9 2009

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hengstthomas

Reaction score
2-6-09 Broadkill (The return of the ICE)

Got a late start but went to Wagamons at around 11am and this is what I found ..
100_3423.jpg

100_3424.jpg

Thats right .. 99.9% ICE and Diamond Pond was the same way :( .
I decided to hit the Broadkill and found the creek channel solid ICE but the Basin was free and clear with very clear water . The tide was halfway out and on its way out . I saw NO Otters and very few Diving birds and maybe that because there werent many fish ?? I picked off 4 small ones like this ..
100_3425.jpg

Water clarity .. With the Polarized Glasses you could see 4X more than this pic ..
100_3426.jpg

For those that dont know or havent been here this is the beginning of the miniture Train that runs this track .
100_3427.jpg

The end ..
100_3429.jpg

Some of the new playground ..
100_3428.jpg

GO MILTON :)
100_3430.jpg

Take a Gander ;)
100_3431.jpg

Jeff (bambeklr) , Harry ((oldsnow) and Gene (clam man) alll showed up as well as Joe (bent rod) who came to pick up the Seanymph he bought from Gene :)
We all fished but with very little water and less fish we didnt do much .. I got one more nice Crappie ..
100_3433.jpg

Lost another the same class and thats it !!
We all left with about an hour of outgoing tide left .

I went by Wagamons and Diamond at 2:30pm and they are still ICE ! I have a suspicion that this ICE wont be gone until LATE Saturday .
So just FYI you may find ICE if you venture out Saturday ;)

Broadkill 2-7-09

Went by Diamond and Wagamons Pond and both were frozen from end to end so I went to the Park on the Broadkill . Nick and a friend were there as I arrived at about 9am . They had 1 Crappie in about 20 minutes before I showed up using minnows as bait . I had a Crappie Magnet on and Landed a Crappie on my first cast . From then on it was a good bite of Yellow Perch ranging from 4" to 11" with a Crappie about every 6th fish . We got some Gills and baby LMB also . The tide was high and just starting to go out and after about an hour the sun came out of the clouds and the bite ceased . Nick and his buddy left to go to my honey hole for Grass Shrimp and I stayed and played it out waiting for the Ponds to thaw .
Nick got back about an hour later with plenty of shrimp but in that time I landed 1 Crappie and 1 Gill . Nick Left and Drew , Judah and Acumenhokie show up but the tides almost low and nothing but tail grabbing Gills were playing .
The 4 of us caught Gills and Ringo shows up saying the Pond was clear .. The 4 of us hit Wagamons Pond for about an hour and Jeff (bambeklr) also shows up .. 5 of us and 1 hour with NOT ONE BITE ..
Called it a day around 5:30pm

Broadkill , Wagamons & Diamond Pond 2-8-09
Jimmy get here a bit past 6am and we load the canoe and gear and by 8 "ish" we are at Wagamons Ponds . Winds were right in your face at 15+ MPH and it was tough .. Brent was there when we got there so the 3 of us fish for about 40 minutes and the headed to the Broadkill . Well it wasnt a repeat of yesterday thats for sure .. We were joined by Nicks friend , Jeff , Gene , Tweet , and 2 unidentified anglers . We fished till about 10:30am .. I got 1 small Crappie and 1 small Gill .. Tweet got 2 Crappie and Jeff landed a Gill by the time we left .
Jimmy and I hit Diamond Pond at around 11am .. We get out on the water and dont ya know it a Game Warden drives by and yell " Do you have 2 lifevest on board ? " .. I looked right at them before we left my house but neglected to throw them in the car .. I also didnt have any ID nor my fishing license :angry2:
The guy was pretty cool and just cited me for no vests .. A 25 dollar fine but when all is said and done it comes to $56.50 .. He let me take Jimmy car home (2 miles) and get what I needed .
SOOO Jimmy had already caught a Gill and a Crappie from the shore while I went home so I had some catching up to do :) ..
Well the bite just never shifted gears but we managed some fish including a Pickerel that was my first fish ..
100_3435.jpg

Just as I was about to take that pic Jimmy hooked up so I tried to grab a "bowed up" shot ..
100_3434.jpg

The result was a LMB for Jimmy ..
100_3436.jpg

A few other fish ..
100_3437.jpg

100_3438.jpg

Another Pickerel ..
100_3439.jpg

Jimmy with a nice Slab ..
100_3440.jpg

No Gills today .. 1 LMB , 2 Pickerel , about 12 Crappie and maybe 10 Yellow Perch . I lost 2 nice fish .. one I know was a nice Crappie .. Those Big Slabs are so elusive for me from Diamond Pond ..
Anyhow we picked at fish until 2:30pm when we left and returned to Wagamons and found the same condition as this morning .. West winds at 15+ MPH . We launched the canoe and fished for about an hour .. We tossed and turned from the wind and had 1 bite a piece and missed them both .. Saw a nice size fish crash the surface 25 yards away ..
WE packed up and called it a day and not a very productive one at that .

Wagamons & Diamond 2-09-09
Started at Wagamons at about 10am and fished for about an hour with 1 Crappie and lost 1 Pickerel
100_3445.jpg

Left for the Unemployment Office and 2 hours later I hit Diamond Pond .. Fished for about 2 hours and got a few Crappie
100_3446.jpg

100_3447.jpg

100_3448.jpg

100_3449.jpg

100_3450.jpg

Ended up with 5 small Crappie and lost 2 rigs to Pickerel . I swung by Wagamons on my way home and fished for another hour without a bite . I was home at 5pm

Hopefully the fine didn't bother you to much and you had a great time fishing.
Nice catching.