About 80% done 1988 Alumacraft Update: 8/22/09 New Pictures

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here are some pictures of my wiring. Nothing too exciting..

I had resized all of my pictures, but some are larger than 150kb.. I really dont feel like resizing them again...

Edit: I resized them to 640x480 and was able to upload. I wish the pic size was 200kb, would make life easier..

Attachments

• cables1.jpg
    cables1.jpg
    100.6 KB · Views: 2,736
  • ziptied rearlight-bilge-wires.jpg
    ziptied rearlight-bilge-wires.jpg
    143.5 KB · Views: 2,736
  • frontlight-on.jpg
    frontlight-on.jpg
    134.6 KB · Views: 2,736
  • Bilgepump-shrinktube.jpg
    Bilgepump-shrinktube.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 2,735
  • frontlight-shrinktube.jpg
    frontlight-shrinktube.jpg
    76.7 KB · Views: 2,735
  • Frontlight-stripped.jpg
    Frontlight-stripped.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 2,735
  • rearlight-on.jpg
    rearlight-on.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 2,735
now you can stop by and do mine :mrgreen: . i needa get off my butt and get my rig back to legal again

i just noticed where you were from. i went to school in tn with a guy from huntington. after i let out this brain fart i may be able to rember his name

Another trip to Lowes on my lunch break..

I bought stainless steel bolts, lock nuts and washers to mount my TH Marine mini jacker. Tonight, weather pending ( suppose to rain all day but it stopped for a while) my friend and I are going to check and re-pack the bearings in the trailer, fix the trailer lights, and then mount the mini jacker. Saturday we plan to leak test it out at the lake and run the motor some. I dont want to start on the decking until I know she doesnt leak.

cyberflexx said:

I bought stainless steel bolts, lock nuts and washers to mount my TH Marine mini jacker. Tonight, weather pending ( suppose to rain all day but it stopped for a while) my friend and I are going to check and re-pack the bearings in the trailer, fix the trailer lights, and then mount the mini jacker. Saturday we plan to leak test it out at the lake and run the motor some. I dont want to start on the decking until I know she doesnt leak.

Can you take as many pictures as you can when installing the mini jacker? as I may be doing just this later on. Thanks!

ober51 said:
cyberflexx said:

Can you take as many pictures as you can when installing the mini jacker? as I may be doing just this later on. Thanks!

Yup.. I sure will.. I have to take them with my cell phone though..

cyberflexx said:
ober51 said:
cyberflexx said:

Yup.. I sure will.. I have to take them with my cell phone though..

Not a problem at all. Anything is better than nothing - just want to see someone a bit more confident install before I attempt it myself.

ober51 said:
Not a problem at all. Anything is better than nothing - just want to see someone a bit more confident install before I attempt it myself.

I am not much of a handyman, I am just flying by the seat of my pants. What I will do is find the center of the transom by finding the center of the drainplug / center groove in the boat hull. I will mark it with a pencil and a "T" square to make sure my line is perfectly verticle. I will then find the center of my mini jacker and mark it the same way. I will then line up the 2 verticle lines on the transom and mini jacker, use clamps to hold the jacker in place, then drill one hole on each side of the plate and temp. bolt it in and measure my motor and my transom to make sure how high i need to go with it., then after I find the height, I will drill 2 more holes about 5 inches down from the first holes to make sure there is enough pressure on the plate's mounting area. This is how I envision it anyway.. If anyone has a better plan, let me know. I have never done this before.

cyberflexx said:
ober51 said:

I am not much of a handyman, I am just flying by the seat of my pants. What I will do is find the center of the transom by finding the center of the drainplug / center groove in the boat hull. I will mark it with a pencil and a "T" square to make sure my line is perfectly verticle. I will then find the center of my mini jacker and mark it the same way. I will then line up the 2 verticle lines on the transom and mini jacker, use clamps to hold the jacker in place, then drill one hole on each side of the plate and temp. bolt it in and measure my motor and my transom to make sure how high i need to go with it., then after I find the height, I will drill 2 more holes about 5 inches down from the first holes to make sure there is enough pressure on the plate's mounting area. This is how I envision it anyway.. If anyone has a better plan, let me know. I have never done this before.

Sounds about what I would do. Except my drain plug is way off center, lol. I am really debating whether I want to fab bracing or put down the money and just get a jacker. Cost vs. convenience at its finest.

popcorn.gif

if you want to make life easier with pictures on here... go to to https://www.photobucket.com. When you upload pictures to that website, they automatically resize them to the correct setting for this website. Once you have them uploaded, all you have to do is copy the link below the picture that says "IMG Code" and paste that link in your post... and voila - you're all set!

Nice job so far man... I am sitting back enjoying this one

I had my good friend, Daniel come over last night to help me out. It poured the rain and everything was wet. Luckily the rain only lasted an hour. During the rain, we measured and drilled out 1/4 inch thing metal strips and cut 2x4 to make some trailer guides, then we bent them to shape. We did not get these painted or mounted yet. I forgot to take pictures of those.

While D drilled the guide bars, I measured and clamped on my TH Marine Mini Jacker jack plate. I had D come over and make sure it was all perfectly in the center. I noticed my drain hole is not exactly in the middle so I used the middle channel in the hull as my center guide. I drilled out a hole on each side and ran the bolts through to temp hold it in place without the clamps. I then drilled out the bottom 2 holes and ran the bolts through there as well. I did not put the lock nuts on or anything, just a test fit.

During the rain, the back of the boat got filled up with water, so I tested the bilge pump and it pumps water really good. We found a location to cut a hole for the pump hose and drilled it out, used marine grade clear silicone around the fittings and screwed them in place. We let the silicone dry as we planned out the deck supports and how we were going to lay out the deck and storage boxes.

My wife came home from the driving range ( she is taking up golf to help her with business contacts/clients/sales) and I am very surprised how accomedating she is to let me do this project. She had paid the babysitter extra to stay while she did her thing and I did mine. We have 3 kids that range from 15months, 3yrs and 5yrs old and sometimes its really hard to work on things with the older two wanting to 'help' daddy.

Since it poured the rain and everything was wet I did not get to check and or change the bearings or work on the trailer lights as I had planned. But all in all, I am very pleased with the progress in the 3 hours we spent working and planning.

* I tried to put these pics in order, but they posted backwards..I dont feel like re-arranging them

Attachments

• TheWife.jpg
    TheWife.jpg
    101.4 KB · Views: 1,558
  • BilgePumpHolearea.jpg
    BilgePumpHolearea.jpg
    99 KB · Views: 1,558
  • DrillingBilgeHole.jpg
    DrillingBilgeHole.jpg
    131.7 KB · Views: 1,558
  • BilgeHoleDrilled.jpg
    BilgeHoleDrilled.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 1,558
  • D-FillingHerUp.jpg
    D-FillingHerUp.jpg
    149 KB · Views: 1,558
  • BilgepumpTest.jpg
    BilgepumpTest.jpg
    78.4 KB · Views: 1,558
  • workingpump.jpg
    workingpump.jpg
    84.9 KB · Views: 1,558
  • clampedonjackplate.jpg
    clampedonjackplate.jpg
    110.6 KB · Views: 1,558
  • clampedonjackplate2.jpg
    clampedonjackplate2.jpg
    118.8 KB · Views: 1,558
  • JackNotCenter.jpg
    JackNotCenter.jpg
    106.6 KB · Views: 1,558
  • TempMountingJackplate.jpg
    TempMountingJackplate.jpg
    112.2 KB · Views: 1,558
  • PuttingDtoWork.jpg
    PuttingDtoWork.jpg
    123.1 KB · Views: 1,558
  • TempBoltingJackplate.jpg
    TempBoltingJackplate.jpg
    106.7 KB · Views: 1,558
  • transom.jpg
    transom.jpg
    115.4 KB · Views: 1,558
  • JackPlateTempInstall.jpg
    JackPlateTempInstall.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 1,558
Loggerhead Mike said:
that jack plate looks almost as good as that beamer =D>

..and that Beamer 8) looks almost as good as my wife.. LOL!!!! :lol:

That's her business / our personal vehicle. She owns large Nationwide Insurance agency and just so happens to be my insurance agent as well.. 8)

Good work.That pump looks like it's really moving some water.

The wife seems happy that the boat project is keeping you out of her way. :LOL22:

Great job, really nicely done. How might higher does that jack plate put your motor up? I am thinking of putting one in, just need about 4-5" of height. Bilge looks good, nice and clean.

And don't take this the wrong way, but your wife looks an awful lot like an older Kristen Kreuk, the actress from Smallville, lol.

ober51 said:
Great job, really nicely done. How might higher does that jack plate put your motor up? I am thinking of putting one in, just need about 4-5" of height. Bilge looks good, nice and clean.

And don't take this the wrong way, but your wife looks an awful lot like an older Kristen Kreuk, the actress from Smallville, lol.

I hope those pictures helped you.. If I can mount that thing, you will have NO problem at all, just get the clamps and make sure you find the center and measure 3 times and have another set of eyes double check before you drill..

Thanks.. Right now I have it temp. set at 3.5inch higher but I can go up or down 3 notches in the mini jacker. If you seen the pictures of a new mini jacker you will see the holes I am talking about. I havent put my motor on yet, I 'might' get to do that tonight just to measure the height.

I never seen Smallville but I googled Kristen Kruek and you are right, she does look like her a little bit. And yes, my wife is about 6 years older and has had 3 children in 5 yrs. Thanks for the compliment.. =D>

I had about an hour this evening after the kids went to bed and I decided to re-run the trailer lights wiring. I found where the wires were routed through the metal frame of the trailer, I cut plug off the hitch end, taped my new wires to it and pulled it through. After my new wire was run through the frame, I cut off the long tag end of the old wire, to keep the spaghetti wire mess to a minium. I sanded down the grounding bolt and put on a new metal O ring connector and I used zip ties to make my wiring near the plug all nice and neat. I did not wire up the lights but that wont take but 30 min. and I will do that tomorrow. I plan to use the existing lamps that are on the trailer. I did all of my work by a shoplight which drew mosquitos and moths, I really hate that. I cleaned up my mess and came inside to start the friday evening wind down. I have some pictures of what I did, nothing exciting and I will post them soon

Here are the pics from tonight..As I said in the previous post, nothing exciting...

Attachments

• Trailerlight-wireties.jpg
    Trailerlight-wireties.jpg
    136.2 KB · Views: 1,481
  • trailerlight-grounding.jpg
    trailerlight-grounding.jpg
    128 KB · Views: 1,481
  • Trailerlight-routing.jpg
    Trailerlight-routing.jpg
    115.3 KB · Views: 1,481
I know why the model number is 1457. I measured the top width and its 57 inches, the bottom is 36 inches. I dont know why Alumacraft didnt call it a 1436 LW ( livewell)

Latest posts