Alumacraft 1448MV - Catfish, Casting & Bowfishing

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
UtahBassKicker said:
Your build is awesome and it looks like she produces fish. A question for you though...Don't you ever smile? Every pic you have the same look on your face. If I had your boat and was catching what you guys caught, I'd be smiling up a storm! Just kidding, but seriously, your boat/build is sweet. :D

I'm smiling on the inside! ;-)

deerslayer said:
Anyluck on the transducer issue?

I think so. I put the electrical tape over the gap in the ducer bracket. That cut the rooster tail down, but it was still spraying my motor. So yesterday I moved the ducer back to it's original position and that seemed to eliminate the spray. I called HB today and they are sending me the piece that goes in the ducer bracket.

I'm glad too....$800 FF spraying water on my $3500 motor....I wasn't too happy about that.

I hear ya! If you get a chance do you mind taking a picture of the new location for the FF. I still have the spray and I think I need to reposition again. Thinking about putting the cutting board on the transom and remounting to that

deerslayer said:
I hear ya! If you get a chance do you mind taking a picture of the new location for the FF. I still have the spray and I think I need to reposition again. Thinking about putting the cutting board on the transom and remounting to that

Here ya go... I haven't routed my cabling through the transome yet because I was waiting until I had the spray/roostertail under control first.

2012-03-15_09-36-16_285.jpg

2012-03-15_09-35-47_782.jpg

Like Virginia Slims, you've come a long way, Baby! My ol' girl is just about finished. Some mods I'm mulling over are hyrdoturfing the front deck, installing a hyroturfed floor to the space between the deck and bench seat, and adding an aftermarket power trim unit like the CMC PT-35.

They grow up so fast...
come_a_long_way.jpg

2012-03-15_09-38-15_161.jpg

Jonah,

Ive got a Lowe 1440L. Considering buying the 16 ft boat cover as did you. Would the 8 inch difference in the boat make any difference so that the 14 foot cover would work? I plan on making the same PVC brackets as you did.

Does anyone have any advice for patch holes in aluminum? previous owner drilled lots of holes for rod holders and who knows what else? Lots of holes

Do you have any pics of the blacklights in action, while your night fishing? Also where did you get the blacklights from?

Love your design of this boat, especially the layout for catfishing. I try to do multiple functions with my boat as well and I'm impressed with how well you pulled it off. Nice Build! =D> :USA1: :beer:

BinzlBrew said:
Jonah,

Ive got a Lowe 1440L. Considering buying the 16 ft boat cover as did you. Would the 8 inch difference in the boat make any difference so that the 14 foot cover would work? I plan on making the same PVC brackets as you did.

The 14ft cover was not quite wide enough for my 1448. I think it would fit your narrower boat. I have been satisfied with the cabelas brand cover.

Gators5220 said:
Do you have any pics of the blacklights in action, while your night fishing? Also where did you get the blacklights from?

Love your design of this boat, especially the layout for catfishing. I try to do multiple functions with my boat as well and I'm impressed with how well you pulled it off. Nice Build! =D> :USA1: :beer:

Thanks!! I'll try to get a good pic of the blacklights in action. Little tricky because you need a long exposure to capture the real effect in a photo. I can tell you though, they are beyond awesome for catfishing at night.

Here's where I ordered the lights: https://jumpingchollajigs.com/
I have the Atom in UV. They are a little on the expensive side. But when you put your hands on them you immediately understand why.

No problem man, I mostly want to snapper fish at night but still would be sick to be able to watch the line tick tick tick ya know?

So....after 2 years of thinking...and Googling (trying to make sure it's orginal), I have finally named my tinny.

<Insert Drumroll>

And...her name is.... The Holey Ghost

Whatch'all think???

As long as she does not become holey and you become a ghost you should befine :LOL2:

Just kidding, I kinda like the name, any reason or story behind choosing that name ????

fool4fish1226 said:
As long as she does not become holey and you become a ghost you should befine :LOL2:

Just kidding, I kinda like the name, any reason or story behind choosing that name ????

It all started when my brother and me were bowfishing one day. We started joking that when we shoot a fish we were giving them the "holey" ghost. Putting holes in fish, I guess...and the fish would flail, tail walk and jump out the water like they were possessed. Then I thought about leaky boats and boats with holes in them.....and I thought... The Holey Ghost...that's the name of my boat!

The encased cabinets are great, and the latch opening on the deck. Where can one purchase those?