Annual Sea Bass Trip

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
esquired said:
shizzy said:
Are we fishing the same general area(fishing grounds) as last year? I know he's at a different marina now, just curious...

Will we catch a shark? How big and what type might it be?

Shizzy - last year went Sea Bassing on the Atlantic Star out of Wildwood - so this is a completely different boat. We did a Taug trip on the Bandit IV in the spring but you missed that trip.

We will be going a little further out then last year as for Sharks, I am sure you will get some of the viscous and deadly spiny dogs:

spinydogfish1.jpg

BTW - I kept a half dozen Spiny Dogfish last weekend to try - they are about as good eating as anything out there!

Oops, I remember now. Somehow I mixed up the names of the boats in my head! :oops: Glad the spiny dogs taste good. :)

Hey Esquired, when you caught the Dogfish did you have to gut them right away before you put em in the cooler? Most people say you have to do that and I was wondering if it's true

Bryan_VA said:
Hey Esquired, when you caught the Dogfish did you have to gut them right away before you put em in the cooler? Most people say you have to do that and I was wondering if it's true

I usually do that - but I found that if it is cold enough (water temp under 40*) that it did not matter. They were yummy! I am making fried shark cakes out of the last of the meat today!

Had fresh flounder for breakfast as well :p

List is updated 12/10/07

1. Me - David B. (Esquired)
2. Gary (Steptoo in the Spedo) S.
3. ReefRunner (3 people)
4. ReefRunner
5. ReefRunner
6. Captain Barry (2)
7 Captain Barry
8. Randy B. (Waistenbait - no striper)
9. Hany D. (2)
10.Hany D.
11. Jake Boyer
12. Todd (Brother in law)
13. Jimmy T.
14. Haig
15. Bryan
16. Shizzy
17. Joe Lehman (Sporty)
18. DockRat (Chris)
19. Ben S.
20. Don S.

We have 5 spots left. I will update the list as the deposits arrive.

SEVERAL PEOPLE HAVE CONTACTED ME AND SAID THEY WOULD LIKE TO GO - IF YOU WANT IN SEND YOUR CHECK NOW, ONCE WE HIT 25 IT IS DONE!

There have been many times where I almost kept a big doggie, but I always had second thoughts. Glad to see others have done it! If I stick one on the C Bass trip I might just toss it in the cooler.

List Update 12/18/07

2. Gary (Steptoo in the Spedo) S.
3. ReefRunner (3 people)
4. ReefRunner
5. ReefRunner
6. Captain Barry (2)
7 Captain Barry
8. Randy B. (Waistenbait - no striper)
9. Hany D. (2)
10.Hany D.
11. Jake Boyer
12. Todd (Brother in law)
13. Jimmy T.
14. Haig
15. Bryan
16. Shizzy
17. Joe Lehman (Sporty)
18. DockRat (Chris)
19. Ben S.
20. Don S.
21. Jeff Jones

We have 4 spots left. I will update the list as the deposits arrive.

THIS IS FIRST COME FIRST SERVED - IF YOU WANT TO GO AND HAVE NOT SENT YOUR CHECK - GET MOVING

List Update 12/29/07

2. Gary (Steptoo in the Speedoo) S.
3. ReefRunner (3 people)
4. ReefRunner
5. ReefRunner
6. Captain Barry (2)
7 Captain Barry
8. Randy B. (Waistenbait - dog shark king)
9. Hany D. (2)
10.Hany D.
11. Jake Boyer
12. Todd (Brother in law - Bigger Fluke)
13. Jimmy T.
14. Haig
15. Bryan
16. Shizzy
17. Joe Lehman (Sporty)
18. DockRat (Chris)
19. Ben S.
20. Don S.
21. Jeff Jones
22. Chawk_25
23. Chawk_25

We have 2 spots left. I will update the list as the deposits arrive.

THIS IS FIRST COME FIRST SERVED - IF YOU WANT TO GO AND HAVE NOT SENT YOUR CHECK - GET MOVING

List Update 1/2/08

2. Gary (Steptoo in the Speedoo) S.
3. ReefRunner (3 people)
4. ReefRunner
5. ReefRunner
6. Captain Barry (2)
7 Captain Barry
8. Randy B. (Waistenbait - dog shark king)
9. Hany D. (2)
10.Hany D.
11. Jake Boyer
12. Todd (Brother in law - Bigger Fluke)
13. Jimmy T.
14. Haig
15. Bryan
16. Shizzy
17. Joe Lehman (Sporty)
18. DockRat (Chris)
19. Ben S.
20. Don S.
21. Jeff Jones
22. Chawk_25
23. Chawk_25
24. Kev-O (Kevin B., Esquired's nephew)
25. Hany's friend

We are full up - now for the betting to begin!

My money says that haig is the first to float the chum line !!!

I don't know him but he sounds like a puker

lol

Wayne

Haig is the General!

He has been on more offshore trips then you have caught bass RedBug, he will be the last to puke!

My money is on Shizzy - unless he can get his hands on that Fried Chicken again

esquired said:
Haig is the General!

He has been on more offshore trips then you have caught bass RedBug, he will be the last to puke!

My money is on Shizzy - unless he can get his hands on that Fried Chicken again
dang I took a shot and missed lol shizzy was my secod choice I remember seeing the pictures from last year he didnt look well

My money would be on Jim tossing the cookies first..............Hummmm i think i smell a tinboats.net bet ah brewing......The who will toss the cookies first contest!!!!! Entry is $10 bucks in lures and you get 1 pick lol

I have a 20 foot saltwater boat :wink: .

I have never been seasick in my life.

I went on a party boat once, Everyone including the captains helper were sick except the captain, My father and me. I'll be the one eating sandwiches watching others toss there cookies muhahahahahahaha

I've never been seasick in my life either so don't bet on me being the first to blow chunks.

Although you might want to bet on me catching more dogfish, bergals, and 11.99" sea bass than everybody else.