Annual Sea Bass Trip

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good luck to all on the trip. Haven't fished in saltwater since I moved to Indiana in 4th grade. Spent many days on Barnaget (spl?) Bay with my Grandfather mostly running blue crab traps, but doing a lot of fishing too while growing up in jersey.

Hey Jim did you already make your reservations at the Sea Esta IV? You got the $30 deal right? I think I'm going to get a room there for saturday night.

Bryan_VA said:
Hey Jim did you already make your reservations at the Sea Esta IV? You got the $30 deal right? I think I'm going to get a room there for saturday night.

I just made the reservation....no backing out now! It was $38 bucks for the room.

Shizzy I've never puked on a boat, and I've been on my share of head boats with puking idiots, with others walking around making puking noises to try to get others to puke. Of course....theres a first for everything :wink:
I am so pumped to go on this trip, I will be happy with a nibble....it has been too long since I caught a fish.

I just reserved a room at the Sea Esta IV for saturday night. I will be heading straight from the Timonium Fishing Expo to the hotel, this should be a good weekend

Bryan_VA said:
I just reserved a room at the Sea Esta IV for saturday night. I will be heading straight from the Timonium Fishing Expo to the hotel, this should be a good weekend

We should meet up and have a beer and watch the Pats game if your up for it!

I should be arriving down there around 3-4 PM anyway.

Go to Irish Eyes in Lewes if you guys go out to watch the game. You should both really just get some sleep and rest your bass catching arm, it will be a very long day. *

* I mean a long day of watching me catch all the fish - go ahead drink your skulls off, you will have plenty of rest on the boat

I'd probably be up for that Jim. I was originally planning on watching the Skins game this weekend but they decided to let Seattle beat them on Saturday so a Pats game would be ok.
I haven't been to Irish Eyes since they rebuilt it, bet it looks pretty good now.
We're gonna have to show these PA and NJ guys how to fish. 8)

Bryan_VA said:
We're gonna have to show these PA and NJ guys how to fish. 8)

Yes, you show us how to fish; we will show you how to catch fish!

I sense a few side bets - bring lots of cash :p

esquired said:
I sense a few side bets - bring lots of cash :p

Good idea. By the end of the day my arms will be sore from reeling in c-bass and yours will be sore from constantly opening your wallet.

Sea Bass Trip was just canceled!

I will try to re-schedule another, but need a different boat as this boat has no more open dates.

I am still fishing Sunday for Taug

Off shore forecast for Sunday:

SAT NIGHT
WINDS BECOMING NE AND INCREASING TO 15 TO 25 KT
LATE. SEAS BECOMING 4 TO 7 FT...HIGHEST SE. SCATTERED SHOWERS
AND TSTMS SE.

SUN
E TO NE WINDS INCREASING TO 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 5 TO 8 FT.
ISOLATED SHOWERS S PORTION.

SUN NIGHT
WINDS INCREASING TO W TO SW 30 TO 40 KT...EXCEPT W
OF 72W...BECOMING NW AND DIMINISHING TO 20 TO 30 KT LATE. SEAS
BUILDING TO 6 TO 9 FT...EXCEPT E OF 1000 FM 9 TO 12 FT.

Although I would still rather sea bass fish, this past Monday another boat caught this where we will be fishing:

1.5 lbs off the world record

23lbs, 5oz. 33" in length, and 24" girth

adam_with_biggy.jpg

Fishin NJ said:
Seas 5 to 8 feet, and you are going fishing? Is that a normal thing, seems kinda nuts to me, but hell i am just a freshie :wink:

No - that is the forecast for offshore Sea Bass fishing, we are staying inshore (with 20 miles of land) where the seas are forecasted as much calmer

And you are a notsofreshie! 8)

Good luck wherever you guys go sunday. Wish I could be there, and meet all you guys in person. Maybe next trip.

Good luck on your trip...

I think I should be declared the winner of the puke fest those sea would have caused even the great shizzy to toss his chicken lol

Wayne