Awesome Accessory Battery

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a stack of them from my Humminbird Ice-35, and other various flashers that I have owned over the years. Since my main battery that powers my bow mount trolling motor is under the bow deck, I threw one of them in the back to run my Humminbird 343. I didn't have my switch panel in yet and did not want to run wiring at the time. Works great. I have never come close to draining that thing during a full day of fishfinder and gps use. I really don't know if I am going to run off my main battery, as this works so well. Mine is mounted sideways.

Digging up an old thread but had some questions on this battery. Would this work to power multiple accessories? I have a fuse block and switch panel setup. I would be powering the following:
Depth finder
Gps
accessory plug
Nag lights
Bilge

Could I use one of the small accessory batteries or should I go with a lawn mower battery or even a small deep cycle?

Well... I still don't know about a fish finder or GPS - I'm still not brave enough to try them out on my HDS units, but I'm pretty sure the color units pull a good bit of juice. I think if you have a smaller black & white unit all that you listed will be ok.

I have 3 of these in my boat. 1 ran an aerator for about 8 hours with no problems. Actually, it did this for about 3 fishing trips so that's around 24 hours continuous use. I also have the others on some Bluewater LED lights that I just plugged up to it because they weren't on a switch. Those could last for about 6 night fishing trips, and that's with the rear nav and bow nav lights on them.

If anyone out there can beat this for a true LIFETIME battery (no prorate, no receipt, no questions, no charge) . . . let us know.
Many more sizes available from Cycle Gear.

Attachments

• Lifetime Battery.JPG
    Lifetime Battery.JPG
    20.8 KB · Views: 577
I also use a riding mower battery to power my electronics, lights, and other accessories. The deep cycel is for the trolling motor. I typically primative camp and dont recharge all weekend. Both batteries last all weekend, even night fishing, and cleaning my catch of the day. 12v electric fillet knife in camp.

Maybe if we get ice this year, I'll be using it for ice fishing too.

Been using the same battery for the past 3 seasons so far. Best part, they are only $30-$35 depending on the amp hours you get.

russ010 said:
Well... I still don't know about a fish finder or GPS - I'm still not brave enough to try them out on my HDS units, but I'm pretty sure the color units pull a good bit of juice. I think if you have a smaller black & white unit all that you listed will be ok.

I have 3 of these in my boat. 1 ran an aerator for about 8 hours with no problems. Actually, it did this for about 3 fishing trips so that's around 24 hours continuous use. I also have the others on some Bluewater LED lights that I just plugged up to it because they weren't on a switch. Those could last for about 6 night fishing trips, and that's with the rear nav and bow nav lights on them.

It is the only battery my Humminbird 798 HD SI has known. I use it in a back pack as a portable. I know it will power it for about 12 hours from a day and a half of fishing. For the first couple of trips, I carried a second one as a spare but I don't feel the need to do that any more.

I've been thinking about getting one of those myself and when I saw you posted the sale I ordered 2 of them also. My brother wanted one so we'll split the order and each get one.

Latest posts