Boat Driving Lights

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a couple of alternate driving lights for mine and I also have a GoLight remote control spotlight. The picture is a new model mad specifically for boats and comes with a wireless remote. I love my Golight. I have one on the boat and one on my truck. Here is another picture of one mounted.

Attachments

• Golight.jpg
    Golight.jpg
    5.2 KB · Views: 1,251
  • gl2.jpg
    gl2.jpg
    21.3 KB · Views: 1,251
Now that is sweet!

That was one of the major drawbacks for me previously. You had to mount a seperate bracket for a GoLight. Well, that and the price tag.

I've been meaning to post these pics... this is just one of the hella lights on my boat. I was shooting into the woods which is about 50 yards away

P1010037-1.jpg

Quackrstackr said:
Now that is sweet!

That was one of the major drawbacks for me previously. You had to mount a seperate bracket for a GoLight. Well, that and the price tag.

That will run in the Fwd nav light socket I'm guessing. What does one of them critters go for?

dang man... our BPS gives the military discount everyday here in Atlanta.. as well as the one in Concorde NC.

russ010 said:
dang man... our BPS gives the military discount everyday here in Atlanta.. as well as the one in Concorde NC.

15th - 21st up here in Gurnee, IL. 10% off anything except sale items, electronics boats and motors. They consider trolling motors electronic. :(

that sucks... next time you go on a road trip, stop at the BPS in Concord NC or here in ATL... you get 10% off EVERYTHING

I might be ablle to get you one of the Stanchon mount Go-Lights cheaper. I'll find out and update this later.

I've been thinking about mounting some lights on my boat for fishing and bowfishing. Is there any real advantage/disadvantage to using 12v vs. 120vac? I was thinking that if I used 12v lights I could run a small generator and a battery charger to keep the battery up. But if I use the 120vac lights I would have to run a bigger generator to run the lights.

Any opinions?

You will kill a battery charger by charging the battery while using it (been there, done that with a 12VDC water pump) They aren't designed for that type of a load. Honda makes a 1000W generator that is supposed to be very very quiet, mid 50's decibels. How much light do you need to throw? Off road lights are like 55W. You could mount 15 of those 55W flood lights and still have plenty of power left (and look like the sun too)

If you're handy at fabrication work: I saw a guy that had a weed eater motor mounted on a bracket connected to a pulley that powers an alternator off of a car. I have the parts to do this but haven't got around to it just yet. It would be a fairly simple design. Juts an idea.

Along those lines, I've seen some flounder rigs with air motors for propulsion with a generator/alternator mounted for power to the lights.

I'm very handy and can build just about anything. I could build the weedeater/alternator rig easy, but also want to keep the volume down. I could add a bigger muffler to make it more quiet. I'm just trying to figure out an easy way to make lights for my boat that I don't hav eto spend a ton of money on.

Big generator and a lof of 120vac light would run a pretty penny.
12v lights are pretty cheap but can kill a battery fast.

How much light (wattage wise) and for how long? A couple big batteries might last for how ever long you are out and then recharge them when you get back.

huntinfool, I've ran 2 of the Hella lights off my 31series batteries, along with trolling motor, fishfinder and nav lights for more than 8 hours.. the batteries are wired in 24v for the TM, but the one battery I have running all that stuff does just fine - and those are bright lights

I went to BPS today and while I was there decided to look at these lights. Only one problem, my BPS doesn't carry them in the store and if they order them for me I can't get the Military discount as they are a special order then. :twisted: