Boat Driving Lights

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That BPS sucks! If I was military I would offer to buy it for you. In the fall when I do the fall hunting classics I get a discount. But even if I got it then and saved you some money, shipping it would negate the discount. Sorry I couldn't help.

if you're bowfishing, the 12v set up will work. It really limits how far out from the boat you can see though. I had four 100watt KC Daylighters that I was going to use on my first boat. They were bright on land, but they didn't really penetrate into water well. I never actually installed them on my boat and went with the generator and halogen work lights.

Now we have those High Pressure Sodium lights I posted before.

Anyone ever installed lights underwater for bowfishing? If I could buy some led's that are waterproof and make a mount that put the lights underwater would it spook the fish?

huntinfool said:
Anyone ever installed lights underwater for bowfishing? If I could buy some led's that are waterproof and make a mount that put the lights underwater would it spook the fish?

We use homemade underwater lights when we go Flounder gigging in Texas. We usually hold on to the light but don't see why you couldn't make a mount for them. I like the no glare pare myself. Aircraft landing light, Rubber boot and some PVC pipe...

We use homemade underwater lights when we go Flounder gigging in Texas.

Thats what got me to thinking. I have never tried it for rough fish while bowfishing. I just wonder if it would work. If so then I can rig the rest.

Nevillizer said:
I have a couple of alternate driving lights for mine and I also have a GoLight remote control spotlight. The picture is a new model mad specifically for boats and comes with a wireless remote. I love my Golight. I have one on the boat and one on my truck. Here is another picture of one mounted.

I have seen these, can the NAV lights be operated SEPARATE from the spotlight?

I also have read these take a 7 amp circuit, is that correct? I will take that into consideration when wiring my 1448.

Thanks

Tony

retiredff said:
I have seen these, can the NAV lights be operated SEPARATE from the spotlight?

I also have read these take a 7 amp circuit, is that correct? I will take that into consideration when wiring my 1448.

Thanks

Tony

The nav lights can be operated separately from the spot light, but the nav lights must be one to use the spot light. Of course since you wouldn't need the spot light unless it was dark, you would need the nav lights anyhow. I'm not sure about the amperage, but did read a review that said they needed to up the fuse from a 5A to a 10A

Thanks for the reply.

Is the on/off for the NAV lights separate from the spotlight or when the light is plugged in the NAV lights come on and the spotlight is the only light that can be turned on/off?

Tony

retiredff said:
Thanks for the reply.

Is the on/off for the NAV lights separate from the spotlight or when the light is plugged in the NAV lights come on and the spotlight is the only light that can be turned on/off?

Tony

I don't own one of these ... yet. To the best of my knowledge when ever you apply power to the nav lights circuit, your nav light swill come on and then you can turn on and off the spot light as you want. On my boat I have an on/off switch for my nav lights at my console so, no, the nav lights (at least for me) won't come one when they get plugged in. If your socket is always on, then yes, the nav lights will come one when you plug them in but you can still control the light separately. Not sure if there is a local switch on the light ***'y for the spot light or if it is all through the remote

Thanks popeye, this unit may be the way I go. I was going to have my nav and anchor lights switched, but now I don't see the need. As long as the sockets are protected from the water and fused I can delete 2 switches. I am trying NOT to make things too complex.

Tony

If you guys are looking for an underwater lighting idea for gigging, or nighttime underwater, here is an idea for ya:

Down in south florida when we go bully netting at night for lobster, we used 2 standard lights from a car angled out to create an approx 135-160 degree of light, sealed off/waterproofed the electrical connections, and mounted it to the trolling motor... We would use an old set of jumper cables, one side wired into the lights, the other used to clamp onto a battery. This setup is very inexpensive and really lights up the water.... we would see lobster crawling around some 30-40 yards a way in any direction... Battery would last several hours without any issue.... Plus having it mounted on the troller, you can turn the lights in any direction you want....