Bought 1st boat monday- second guessing decision

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Haha, now I'm going to have to go watch that movie.

Update: Insurance payments still in process, but I rigged the trailer up so that it will pull the boat, and I have been out on it 3-4 times. Having a blast! That 25 will push that thing around the lake, and my friend just hooked me up with an old trolling motor. (I have caught 1 fish in 4 trips haha)

Attachments

• IMG958792.jpg
    IMG958792.jpg
    114.3 KB · Views: 368
is the guy paying out of pocket ? or is his insurance involved? make sure nobody cheaps you out on the deal. just because the hole in the boat is fixed doesnt make it fair. I would not be happy if any of the damage was still there, like scratches or dents on the boat or trailer.

Small Claims Court is up to $5000 damages. Let their insurance pay for car and boat repairs promptly or take them to court. You have the photos and the proof. If you had older pics of the boat damaged area from when you first got it or by previous owner, it would help establish the tree service damaged the boat. You do not need a lawyer in small claims court.

The damages have nothing to do with the pleasure of having a boat to fish in or just go on a lake in. I upgraded a decent jonboat, sold the old motor, got a Suzuki outboard, carpeted it inside and have had no problems in 6 years. Being on the lake in my own boat, by myself with the birds and the dam and the fish as long as I want is worth every penny.

When I sell my boat, I will lose maybe 300-500 dollars in real purchasing power (inflation over time, etc.). SO WHAT ? I can never get those pleasant days back again when I am older and feeble ! My view is that a lake is the closest most men can get to how our parents and all before them in America used to live every day if they were rural or suburban folks.

Fix the boat damage, and the car with insurance. If you have a lawyer... he can send the tree cutters lawyer a nice letter that you expect damages to be repaired and are not bluffing.

Latest posts